Under powered S3 stage 2+

What mods did you have on your S3 when you had it mapped to Stage 2+?

Initially we tried Stg2+ with the full exhaust plus HPFP,and stock intake.
That didn't work at all,so the car had a new CAI(a Forge) fitted.

Initially we tried Stg2+ with the full exhaust plus HPFP,and stock intake.
That didn't work at all,so the car had a new CAI(a Forge) fitted.

Cool, I've already got the Revo CAI (Camcoated) fitted and so I'm saving up for the following before I go Stage 2+:
  • Sachs Performance Clutch & LUK Flywheel
  • Milltek Downpipe (De-CAT)
  • Autotech High Pressure Fuel Pump
  • RS4 Fuel Return Valve

Reactions: S3Alex
Cool, I've already got the Revo CAI (Camcoated) fitted and so I'm saving up for the following before I go Stage 2+:
  • Sachs Performance Clutch & LUK Flywheel
  • Milltek Downpipe (De-CAT)
  • Autotech High Pressure Fuel Pump
  • RS4 Fuel Return Valve

Ok i thought thought the RS4 return valve was to help keep the fuel pressure up between shifts, which only benefits on Stg3+ right?

Ok i thought thought the RS4 return valve was to help keep the fuel pressure up between shifts, which only benefits on Stg3+ right?

It depends on the map, some tuners like Revo and APR state that they don't require it for Stage 2+ but GIAC do on the other hand. A few people running Stage 2+ in the past had complained of a flat spot around 5000rpm of which fitting the RS4 FVR helped eliminate this by preventing the fuel rail pressure from dropping.

Whilst it may not be mandatory for Stage 2+ it's definitely beneficial in some cases, so for the sake of an extra £50 I'll get it done along with a custom map to help squeeze as much as I can out of the K04!

Last edited:
Reactions: S.