12 Months Depreciation

Mine has just hit 12 months ....its at 14K miles ...... Settlement is £25000 and I am pretty sure I can easily get that for it selling it privately ...?

Or am I missing something.....?
What was yer deposit David

I am going to call Audi tomorrow and offer it to them ...straight up ...no cash.....see what they say?

Failing that it will be sold privately.

Audi gave me the worst price mate

Yeah i half expect they will be the usual Audi rip off merchants so I will politely tell them to "Do one" and just sell it privately. I have the time to do so comfortably.

Reactions: Jassyo06
I remember last year about Feb time with my 10 month old S3 asking about trading it in for the RS3 as it had just been announced though order book wasn't open.I nearly choked on the trade in figure and walked away.Ordered from a broker 5 months later so I didn't exactly show Audi where to go.
Despite the long waiting list for ordered RS3 I am under no illusion that it will be free from massive depreciation either-especially in the first year.I reckon a 12mt old RS3 will lose about 10k this time next year much like the S3 and much like any supposedly low depreciating sports car.
If you sell them back to the stealer its just the way it is.
C'est la vie

Reactions: Jassyo06 and David83S3
My quote was from Audi.co.uk not a salesman and to be honest us existing owner's of the S3 or that fact anyone wishing to change are better off leaving it til all this 16plate uphoria is over,then they all have to start chasing ****** sales again instead of the sales falling into there laps
That includes my ****** son,his boss offered me £2k off a £50k motor
Wait til may that's a poor month....my son always takes his holidays then as do a lot them
Just before the summer holidays start then...I think I'll negotiate again in December for March delivery when everyone is more interested in buying Christmas presents :)

Just tried their site, they are selling late 2013 S3's for more than what they are offering for a 15 plate 2015!!!:

Screenshot www audi co uk 2016 03 05 00 07 55

Upload 2016 3 5 7 1 24

I need £2K more than that .....so not too bad. I have emailed my local stealer and offered the car ....will see what they come back with.

I lost under £2500 on my 6 month old saloon.
It had no options and I got a great discount when I ordered it, and a great trade in from Audi (we've bought 8 cars from the same salesman which helps).

If you order with lots of options and get rid within 2 years you will feel a lot of pain. For me you either accept that your options are lost cash, or keep it long term.
Private sale is a good plan, but there are such good discounts, finance deals and interest rates available on new cars just now, I'd never buy this kind of car at that kind of age second hand.
I'm also addicted to the new car experience. Like a drug to me!

Reactions: hood, Pulp84, Rob2k68 and 4 others
Im losing £7k in a year on my sepang sportback manual with 4000 miles and a few options (comfort, ***, red calipers).

In fact, the more I look at the loss plus the anticipated loss on the RS3... The more Im beginning to question wtf I am doing.......

Reactions: David83S3, CraigI, hood and 4 others
sometimes its just the way they structure the deal.
If they give you more for your trade in then you get less or no discount on the new car but it can seem like you got a great trade in.
I think most guys who are on forums are fairly savvy when it comes to discounts so I would be surprised if guys are getting wildly different deals.
Bottom line anybody reading this forum shouldn't really be getting anything less than 12% on an S3 as that seems to be easily achievable.
However they still shaft you a year down the line.Audi revenge!
Im an idiot who changes cars every year so I get regularly shafted but hey ho.
That Audi valuation tool is a joke too.
It valued my M3 in excellent condition(it had only done 1K miles) at 49k. The salesman then gave me a trade in value of 45K against RS3.
Needless to say I walked away.
I really don't like Glasgow Audi.
Sold it to trade at 47K a month later

Reactions: David83S3
Im losing £7k in a year on my sepang sportback manual with 4000 miles and a few options (comfort, ***, red calipers).

In fact, the more I look at the loss plus the anticipated loss on the RS3... The more Im beginning to question wtf I am doing.......
Just need to keep the RS3 for a while.
The only car I kept for 2 years was an E92 M3 I had a 2 year lease on.You can't really get out of a lease so it stopped me flipping cars too soon.Quite a good way of doing it.

Yeah looks like it J....................to be fair though it was pretty funny!!

..............and if you think about it probably sums our ASN 'careers' up..............heroes to zeros in under 4.9 seconds!! lol

Reactions: Jassyo06, Rob2k68 and pburv
Yeah looks like it mate....................to be fair though it was pretty funny!!

..............and if you think about it probably sums our ASN 'careers' up..............heroes to zeros in under 4.9 seconds!! lol
Oh No! Don't start another 0-60 debate ..Simon:friends:

Reactions: Jassyo06 and Simon L
Am sure it's just the time of year,am in no great hurry to be Donkey punched by Audi again,£27,500 was the figure in my head well at the most for my car ,l just won't buy another if l even feel remotely duped on the deal in principal,hood my son's in sale's management in Glasgow Audi ,and l got ****** on by his gaffer,l just said, jam it
Been looking at nearly new RS3's the price's are getting more reasonable,except them couple of silly overpriced ones from SCS and the broker's
Waiting game for me

Reactions: hood, pburv and Simon L
Yeah looks like it J....................to be fair though it was pretty funny!!

Didn't even listen to it,saw it on my phone this morning,well if it is funny?it'll be a first for A3_Rider normally his posts are derogatory

Reactions: Simon L
Am sure it's just the time of year,am in no great hurry to be Donkey punched by Audi again,£27,500 was the figure in my head well at the most for my car ,l just won't buy another if l even feel remotely duped on the deal in principal,hood my son's in sale's management in Glasgow Audi ,and l got ****** on by his gaffer,l just said, jam it
Been looking at nearly new RS3's the price's are getting more reasonable,except them couple of silly overpriced ones from SCS and the broker's
Waiting game for me
Agree Jassy but the waiting game is a game I was never very good at:worried:

Reactions: Jassyo06 and pburv
Agree Jassy but the waiting game is a game I was never very good at:worried:

Av read yer posts mate lol nothing wrong in what you do, if that's where you get yer kicks from, then who is anyone to judge you....well.....???? ye could take a slagging buying BMW's lol

Reactions: hood and pburv
Av read yer posts mate lol nothing wrong in what you do, if that's where you get yer kicks from, then who is anyone to judge you....well.....???? ye could take a slagging buying BMW's lol
Going to boycott BMW now after their email to staff telling them basically to vote to stay in Europe.
We will decide Herr Fritz thank you very much.

Reactions: Jassyo06 and pburv