How to stop doors/paintwork getting damaged?

Dannymoto

Reaction score
Hi all just wondering what you all do to stop your paintwork getting damaged by other people.

Was parked in a multi-story on Saturday and decided to park right at the top so I could get a large space between other cars (4 spaces each side) came back to chip on the paintwork and scratches on the passenger side! Had a dent removed on the boot on Saturday morning as well! Was fuming!

What measures do you take to avoid these situations?

Danny.

Someone in a 5 series did that at my local supermarket car park last Saturday, might start doing the same when my A4 arrives

Reactions: ScottishA4B9
Someone in a 5 series did that at my local supermarket car park last Saturday, might start doing the same when my A4 arrives
Can't stand it when people do it, just no respect.

Reactions: Snibo and Ghost

Didn’t someone leave you a nice note, the last time you parked like that? :)

DSC00186.jpg

Reactions: jojo and Snibo
Same, i think youre just giving some ***** a reason doing that!
So where does this metering out 'justice' end ? I catch the person keying my car so maybe I can key them ?

I park far away from the shop/restaurant/showcase/gym,so plenty of empty spaces before my car yet if I park in-between the lines some herbert always parks beside me !!

So where does this metering out 'justice' end ? I catch the person keying my car so maybe I can key them ?

I park far away from the shop/restaurant/showcase/gym,so plenty of empty spaces before my car yet if I park in-between the lines some herbert always parks beside me !!
You can of course key them, you're a grown up and make grown up decisions and take the consequences if caught.

I was merely agreeing with the sentiment posted that someone might avenge the percieved selfish behaviour of parking across bays by keying your motor thus meaning you'd have to pay for body repairs. Simples. :)

And as for herberts parking next to you, thats the whole idea of a car parks markings innit, to indicate places to park in an orderly fashion i.e next to other cars?

Reactions: Snibo
Personally I do not think modern spaces are anywhere near big enough , The only bit with decent spaces is Costco .
I also park away from the main bits in car parks and drive around the streets for ages till I find one if up town .

Reactions: voorhees
It can't be avoided! - Fact!

Whilst going to lunch at a Restaurant on Sunday for Mother's day, I parked in the furthest space possible from the Restaurant in my A6, and I even edged my car as far as possible to the parking line edge, so anyone parked next to me would have an extra few inches. On my return, there was an MPV parked next to me, I peeked inside to see a child seat, so instantly looked for marks on my car, and there they we're, a couple of small marks in the paint!! URGH!!

Obviously, there's absolutely no point in persuing for any damages, it's just one of them things... I was p!ssed off, but life goes on.

Just damned annoying!!

Reactions: voorhees and Dannymoto
Spaces are not big enough for some people. I don't mind walking so ill park right at the back but still others will park next to you.

If i am going to park next to a car i look for new ones or really nice ones and hope they care for there car as well. I would be really ****** off if someone keyed my car but i would not key there car as thats just ***tish!

Maybe get the bus :tearsofjoy:

Reactions: Dannymoto
Spaces are not big enough for some people. I don't mind walking so ill park right at the back but still others will park next to you.

If i am going to park next to a car i look for new ones or really nice ones and hope they care for there car as well. I would be really ****** off if someone keyed my car but i would not key there car as thats just ***tish!

Maybe get the bus :tearsofjoy:
I do exactly that! Park well away and try park next to a nice car but normally the people with nice cars have too much money to car about others.

Yeah that seems to be the case, alot of the time its a company car they don't care about.

This was day 2 of owning the car. No one parked next to me but i was bricking it hoping some chav didn't park next to me. Also Saturday i parked in the same spot while i had a meal and again really was hoping it was left alone, it was busy but what can you? You park over 2 spaces and the world loses its mind.

IMG 8113

PS Ive got the Audi not the Ford :tearsofjoy:

I usually park alongside a fellow German car if I can, recently came back to this in a busy car park.

Reactions: jojo
What i try and do is look for an end space and park over the white line so there is plenty of space between me and whoever,or if im going into town i`ll get the bus,and yes it is cack