Owens developments hybrid k04

Smirky

Reaction score
Is anyone running owens hybrid or no of anyone running one ?
Might need a new turbo so blatantly going for a hybrid if I do need one ,
So it's a toss up between the owens and the tte420.
Owens says there's will run Max 400hp but respected people have said they are conservative on there estimates
Price wise the owens comes in couple hundred quid cheaper

Difficult to get more than 400hp out of the K04 casing, hence why the TTE420 uses a different turbo to start with.

Might be a good idea to drop Simon at TTE a line and get his view re the TTE420 and their alternatives.

Also,the TTE420 is K04 based,with a larger compressor,and a machined K16 turbine.

From TTE....

"TTE420 begins as a brand new standard BorgWarner K04-064 turbocharger that we dismantle and then set about upgrading and optimizing as engineers to create our ultimate K04 frame hybrid. TTE420 Turbocharger is in our opinion the final step and our pinnacle power stage for the 2.0 TFSI range of vehicles while retaining the OE K04 unit for Plug & Play fitment."

Reactions: Sandra and Smirky
Difficult to get more than 400hp out of the K04 casing, hence why the TTE420 uses a different turbo to start with.
Isn't the tte 420 pulling figures well over 400hp with a K04 casing ?

Might be a good idea to drop Simon at TTE a line and get his view re the TTE420 and their alternatives.
Yeah I've spoken to si at tte ,looks lie its the way to go I'll just have to wait to turn the boost up till I can afford a lpfp , (rs4 valve and 155 rail bar thing I'll be able to squeeze in

Reactions: grainqey and S3Alex