Placed order for PFL S3 Saloon ... Looks like I'll be getting a FL

azibux1

Reaction score
Hi all,

As above I ordered a PFL and it wasn't given a build week, I saw some stuff on here and got the dealer to contact Audi sales office who confirmed that there are no new S3 Saloons being made now until May when the facelift lands - presumably getting a PFL if you already have a build week of course.

Question is, am I right in saying the dealer is under no obligation to offer me the same price / finance deal as I ordered (and paid a deposit for) on the PFL?

Have also asked the same question about pricing to them so will see what they say. Thought I'd make this post to inform / confirm peoples suspicions if anyone was ordering a saloon and also has been given no build week

Have you signed the paperwork as well as paying your deposit? I'd personally say you get the price you agreed.

I'll have to double check, I've paid a small deposit to place the order, however I haven't paid the deposit I was giving for my finance deal

And don't remember signing finance paperwork (this is usually nearer the time?)

so you've paid the "holding / order " deposit?

which if the finance falls through, you'll get back.

you'll then pay the finance deposit / contribution to which will leave you with your monthly payments, length, terms and final payment / keep the car depending if its PCP or HP.
at this point, you have the car / they have the car until the funds are released by VWFS (its essentially yours once you've signed the paper)

I've taken it that you have only paid the order deposit...so you're not obliged to carry the order out, you're able to make amendments and until you sign the finance paper work, the price is able to change.

Yeah I've only paid the holding deposit you mention

I will have to see what the dealer says then and what pricing they offer

have they given you any price / payment paper work?
not to sign, but so you have "figures" available ?

id imagine so - else you wouldn't have ordered it, without knowing what you're prepared to pay?
they should keep the prices as you've been quoted. if you have it on paper, then you're in a better position to argue costs.
is it defiantly factory order? i only say this as they may find you a stock car within their dealer network which matches your needs.

have they given you any price / payment paper work?
not to sign, but so you have "figures" available ?

id imagine so - else you wouldn't have ordered it, without knowing what you're prepared to pay?
they should keep the prices as you've been quoted. if you have it on paper, then you're in a better position to argue costs.
is it defiantly factory order? i only say this as they may find you a stock car within their dealer network which matches your needs.
Definitely a factory order as I was quite specific about what I wanted, and no stock car / car in the system matched my spec request

And yeah, I have the official finance quote sheet and order form with pricing info :) Maybe I will get lucky and get it at the same price then

Will let you know when I hear back from the dealer :)

I would say no,a new deal will have to be done,the facelift will have a price increase to begin with.you won't get the same discount as you did on the current model.
But hey,if you don't ask you won't get

Reactions: pburv
I would say no,a new deal will have to be done,the facelift will have a price increase to begin with.you won't get the same discount as you did on the current model.
But hey,if you don't ask you won't get
This is what I was thinking from reading on here previously

I have family member who works there so will see what he can do for me :)

Reactions: Jassyo06
This is what I was thinking from reading on here previously

I have family member who works there so will see what he can do for me :)

Great mate hopefully you'll get some sort of deal,l have just spoken with my son Audi sales manager,A3 production of all new builds have ceased,there will a price increase aswell.

Great mate hopefully you'll get some sort of deal,l have just spoken with my son Audi sales manager,A3 production of all new builds have ceased,there will a price increase aswell.
Ahh OK so not just S3 saloon's then... All A3's and S3's?

Hopefully dealers will have official details of the spec and pricing soon

Orders ceased surely not production, monster in law has a build date for her A3 saloon ...

Any news on when the order books will 'open' as such? What deals do you think will be achievable?

You are still able to get a fairly decent % off the list price of a new A4 using broker sites so I'm wondering if people think it will be the same case for the new A3..

Yeah all new build orders not production

Cool, she is getting the saloon I cancelled, build week 18 , which is next month I believe, I would have been more peed off if she bagged a facelift as well !

Hmm,

Ive ordered a saloon and JCT600 say I am amending one of the last build slots of the current model.

They are looking at June delivery but maybe it will be sooner if they start churning out the facelift in May?

Hmm,

Ive ordered a saloon and JCT600 say I am amending one of the last build slots of the current model.

They are looking at June delivery but maybe it will be sooner if they start churning out the facelift in May?

Yeah exactly unless they can jump on to a existing build slot,that's the only way you will get the current model,dont see the fresher looking car coming till the Autumn,av no interest in the S3 facelift,it will still drive the same but with better costlier gadgets

Reactions: Kugaman1
Well,
Hopefully it will all pan out.
Facelift would be good but they aint gonna give it to me at the deal I got on this order.....
I think I will live with the current face and keep a few £k in me pouch!

Now that a facelift has been confirmed, any idea when we will get updated specs etc?

Has it actually been confirmed yet? Surely it's all just speculation... I mean could it not simply be the usual year end changes that occur around week 22 with just differing options etc

Now that a facelift has been confirmed, any idea when we will get updated specs etc?

Something on the rumour mill saying that the Facelift A3 will be revealed 23rd May at an Audi event in Munich. Wouldn't take that for bible but sounds about right to be honest...

I wonder when the first cars will arrive, I've just sold my GTI and am driving round in my mums 1.4tsi Golf :racer:

I'm getting conflicting information about specing a new car - one dealer has told me that there's a 10-12 week leadtime on a new car and another has told me that it's not possible to spec a new car now due to the face lift that's due at the end of the year.

I'm not sure who's right - does anyone have a definitive answer?!

I've had the same conflicting info... I judt do not think anyone knows TBH and we simply have to wait for Audi to make the official announcement.

Fairly sure (just my guess) that the dealers saying about 10-12 week leadtime are simply not aware of the facelift

Seems my dealer wasn't aware that was the reason mine hadn't got a build slot and was on the waitlist... until I told them what I'd read on this forum then they rung the sales office and confirmed the reason was the facelift and the block on new orders

Fairly sure (just my guess) that the dealers saying about 10-12 week leadtime are simply not aware of the facelift

Seems my dealer wasn't aware that was the reason mine hadn't got a build slot and was on the waitlist... until I told them what I'd read on this forum then they rung the sales office and confirmed the reason was the facelift and the block on new orders

How long do you estimate?

Based on what my dealer said, with the info they know, production is restarting in approximately May

And that matches up with the rumoured release event someone posted about here on the 23rd May

Dealer told me cars can be expected in maybe quarter 3... Not sure if they said that to give themselves some 'space' as they're not sure, especially after having given me just info like "it's on the waitlist" up until now, and then having say that the facelift is the reason, they may be trying to tell me a date far in the future as it will look worse to tell me may for example then deliver much later or have to change the date again

My dealer told me pretty much the same thing.

It's really frustrating as I had asked to add a couple of options to my new build only 5 days after placing my order but they couldn't do it!

The build was already locked despite the build date still being six weeks away. I have been given the option of cancelling and re-ordering but there is no way of knowing how long the whole process will take and what options etc. the FL will have.

I'm really torn on what to do!!! Stick with my current car and live with the missing options and the fact that it's a PFL or cancel, re-order and get the FL with all the options I want but with the possibility I will have to wait till July (or even longer) to receive my car. :sos:

Same here.
Ordered a saloon, 5 days later tried to add comfort pack to be told no can do!
If I try to change my order they will have to cancel and will not be able to reorder.

That would mean waiting and ordering the facelift. It would be nice but I wouldnt get anything like the deal I got on this order.

Its all a bit awkward, as Audi are acting like a new design is imminent but havent officially announced it!

My dealer told me pretty much the same thing.

It's really frustrating as I had asked to add a couple of options to my new build only 5 days after placing my order but they couldn't do it!

The build was already locked despite the build date still being six weeks away. I have been given the option of cancelling and re-ordering but there is no way of knowing how long the whole process will take and what options etc. the FL will have.

I'm really torn on what to do!!! Stick with my current car and live with the missing options and the fact that it's a PFL or cancel, re-order and get the FL with all the options I want but with the possibility I will have to wait till July (or even longer) to receive my car. :sos:

I'm in the exact same situation. Current order due 2nd wk in April, I've got until the end of this month to decide. I want to wait, but need to know what options, prices and when the ****** things going to arrive.

I suppose its all down to the deal you got.

I think deals on the facelift will be pretty marginal for the first 6 months or so...

That's good news , S3 might still be on then !

i didn't get the greatest offer, around 7%

Mine is a concession to the cockup by a salesperson over my car and a A4, however it does show given push to shove they can do it. I managed to get about 10% three months into the saloon being introduced with my current car..