Folding mirrors !

bokoboy

Reaction score
quick question folks I notice when I put my car in reverse the passenger side mirror tilts down so to let you see kerb ! But the drivers side stays in same position , is this normal or something I can change in settings. ???? Thanks for any input

Hold up - do you want the drivers side to tilt too, or the passenger one to stay put?

quick question folks I notice when I put my car in reverse the passenger side mirror tilts down so to let you see kerb ! But the drivers side stays in same position , is this normal or something I can change in settings. ???? Thanks for any input
Only the passenger side tilts with this function, it allows you to parallel park or manoeuvre closer to the kerb without scrubbing those nice new alloys

Reactions: Rob2k68
old rules when driving is you should only park in the nearside, hence why only the nearside mirror drops.

It's normal. You can also change the view if you wish to do so, you may be aware! but it needs to be switched to the left mirror to work...if you don't want it dipping each time just move the knob to the central position :)

Also be aware that when it is set on the left mirror (so it dips), when it is in dipped mode you can adjust it and next time you go into reverse and it dips it will retain those settings. So you can set it how you like yours to dip.

Or just turn it off as S32B says by turning the knob to the central position.

Reactions: A3_Rider
my mirrors dont do this. Is there a way to turn it on or will it cost loads?

my mirrors dont do this. Is there a way to turn it on or will it cost loads?
The coding for this is within the PDF document linked in my signature. If you are not a VCDS user check out the VCDS User Map to see if someone close to you can hook you up :)

Reactions: davc and srichards
The coding for this is within the PDF document linked in my signature. If you are not a VCDS user check out the VCDS User Map to see if someone close to you can hook you up :)
I don't have electric folding mirrors (yet) so does this mod also work with the standard package?