Full leather or leather and alcantara?

marcgti6

Reaction score
I'm tempted to go for the leather and alcantara combo in black with the black headlining. Just wondering what everyone else went for?

Any pros and cons of either option?

I've looked at the pictures thread but can't see many of the interior so it would be a good if you could post a few pictures so I can compare them in 'real life' rather than on the Audi configurator.

Cheers

I'm tempted to go for the leather and alcantara combo in black with the black headlining. Just wondering what everyone else went for?

Any pros and cons of either option?

I've looked at the pictures thread but can't see many of the interior so it would be a good if you could post a few pictures so I can compare them in 'real life' rather than on the Audi configurator.

Cheers

Alcantara all the way

9796f9d3f0d61a1c64f79f2d5d49d2f7.jpg
fc2b87acb5e43d4f1b69188694018cf4.jpg

Reactions: Jassyo06 and Whitestar
Think someone else asked a similar question, not sure but I think wear on the seat was mentioned?!?!

I specced fine nappa in my S3...... I really wish I hadn't.

After 3 months and about 1800 miles wear is starting to show. The leather does not spring back as it should and it's beginning to turn a little grey.

Reactions: SW14NY'S
Aren't they a pain to keep clean, SW14NY'S?

I'd be paranoid about dye transfer as I like a nice pair of dark jeans!

Glad to hear that the alcantara doesn't wear though :)

Phil13 - have you tried Gliptone cleaner and restorer? You can find it on Amazon and eBay.

I use it on my bike leathers. Brings them back to good as new and makes them smell like new leather.

Do you get the net storage pouches on the 3dr? I would assume that they're the same seats?

I've had Alcantara on two previous Audi TT's with no wear issues at all

Maybe I remember incorrectly then :)

Phil13 - have you tried Gliptone cleaner and restorer? You can find it on Amazon and eBay.

I use it on my bike leathers. Brings them back to good as new and makes them smell like new leather.

Funny you mention that, got some the other week: http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/gliptone-leather-cleaner-conditioner-gt12-gt11.263465/

Half seat done to show before/after :)

split-jpg.81806

I got my seats treated with 'Gtechniq l1 Smart fibre' for protecting the Alcantara and 'Gtechniq l1 Advanced Leather Care' for preventing dye transfers to the leather

Reactions: Jassyo06

Definitely go alcantara, it's so much better than leather in winter. As for wear, jeans shouldn't be a problem, in the 5 years I had silver alcantara the only area that showed any wear was the side bolster & that was from a black belt rubbing against it.

I got my seats treated with 'Gtechniq l1 Smart fibre' for protecting the Alcantara and 'Gtechniq l1 Advanced Leather Care' for preventing dye transfers to the leather

Interesting. I do like the Gtechniq stuff actually, does a great job on wheels as well. C5 I think it is.

Think I'll go with my gut instinct and go for black leather/alcantara. Feel free to post some pictures to help convince me :)

Think I'll go with my gut instinct and go for black leather/alcantara. Feel free to post some pictures to help convince me :)
Lol....lunar certainly isn't for the faint hearted...but I love it and glad I had the ⚽⚽️s to go for it

Reactions: pburv
It does look good and I guess it does lift the interior but I think I'd be paranoid about spoiling it!

In other words, I don't have the :soccerball::soccerball:s! :grinning:

Reactions: pburv and SW14NY'S
I specced fine nappa in my S3...... I really wish I hadn't.

After 3 months and about 1800 miles wear is starting to show. The leather does not spring back as it should and it's beginning to turn a little grey.

There is correct answer here but for what it's worth.......

6000 miles in 2 S3's with no signs of wear for me....love Nappa leather and would never spec Alcntara .

Reactions: Simon L, pburv and marcgti6
I didn't realise that the leather/alcantara combo isn't actually nappa leather.

Is there much difference between the standard and nappa leathers?

Lunar , alcantara and gtechniq treated on mine as well.
Looks really smart. Much better in the flesh tham photo's. Puctures seem to make it look whiter than it actually is.
With the ILP when you blip open at night it looks really classy.
For me too much black is a bit oppresive. Feels like being in a coal mine. But each to their own. Alcantara looks smart, wears well and feels nicer in both hot and cold weather.
I think all leather is a "mind" thing. We are programmed that leather is more expensive so better and more luxury. The mix of alcantara/leather is the best of both IMO

Reactions: marcgti6 and SW14NY'S
I had alcantara in a Seat Leon.

It started to get shiny over time, especially when the heated sears were used.

Ive specced nappa this time.

Knew you would be first to flash the Silver....eh....lol
Lol...glad I didn't disappoint

⛔️HAZARD WARNING⛔

I kinda flashed a bit more than silver earlier tbh...the TECHNIQ Smart fibre protector is ****** toxic, so mind and not spray the damn seats and think that 10mins of the door being open is enough....nearly passed out with the fumes ♨️

Reactions: Simon L, Jassyo06 and pburv
Jassy here, both look very nice indeed,Stepping into the Lunar Silver is in itself even after a year...its me cars Birthday on Sunday an occasion. love it to bits,typical Audi its me fav part of the car,bit fed up with the exterior looks but not the interior,as for Alcantara l loved it on the side bolsters of my Honda FN2...but to have it on the Butt part of the seat would drive me crazy with all them scrolls on the grain/pile of the fabric...so full partial leather for me

Reactions: Simon L and pburv
Love the look of the silver Alcantara but think I would be scared to sit on it!

Reactions: Simon L, pburv and SW14NY'S
I do love leather but I've gotta say the creasing is p1ssing me off!! lol

Reactions: pburv and Jassyo06
Very nice ...Jassy I hope you didn't just run out and take this photo especially for me to compete with my flannel seats

lol no not at all thats the only one l have on my phone,and its not the best photo either...posted it on a thread about Audi bolster creases

Lunar rocks mate,that much so, l could never go back to black leather ever again

Reactions: Simon L, pburv and SW14NY'S
Ive got full lunar leather in mine.. Its a year old next month and no creasing here!

Mind you, I do have a bit of a crack in my ar$e

I've had full leather in two of my earlier cars and leather/alcantara in the S3. Really like both alternatives and would choose the cheapest for the car in question...

General rule:
Babies / dogs / dirty work clothes etc = Dark leather.
Otherwise = personal preference.

Another Lunar Silver fan here. All leather, but may prob spec Alcantera combo if buying again.