Runs on 3 when warm

david field

Reaction score
hi. Got a s3 8l 1999. It's started running really crap when warmed up. Like shuddering/ running on 3 cylinders. Tried replacing airflow sensor. No joy!! A mate plugged it in to his rac computer and it's coming up a few errors. Will post pic. But another mechanic thinks it maybe an injector. He removed each injector while running and no 3 injector when taken out does nothing to misfire. So could this be prob ? Help would be appreciated

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    743.4 KB · Views: 130
Have you tried swapping coil pack around see if the misfire moves cylinder? Could be a coilpack breaking down when hot

Hi Greg no I haven't. Originally I thought it was coilpak but mechanic said it wasn't. But I'm gonna try that today. Thanks

Ok so swapped 1and 2 coilovers and run great for an hour then went crap again. Took number 1 injector out and made no difference. So defo coilpak. Thanks Greg

if it is the coil pack - also consider checking the spark plugs - I replaced a brand new coil pack on my car when I got it - the reason the new coil pack broke was the spark plug was melted and the ceramic bit disintegrated - thus arcing.

Reactions: david field
Hi all sorted. I changed maf and coil pac. Runs like a dream. Thanks