Opinions on the best/brightest D2S HID bulbs for factory bi-xenon

Carlito74

Reaction score
Hello guys!

Just want to hear peoples opinions/personal experience on the best available D2S replacement Xenon bulbs for the B6 Saloon.

i currently have the standard OEM 4300K bulbs but the light throwing distance on them is absolutely shocking! and even worse in the rain where you have to sit as close to the windscreen as possible to get a decent view of the road ahead!

i only get hardly any light distance from the bulbs so i'm not sure if something may be wrong with the headlights or if i should just get different bulbs? i have tried some 6000k's off fleabay but they gave me even less light throw (expected),, so i'm kinda in the position where i don't want to fork out a hell of a lot of money on some decent Xenon bulbs and still be in the same position?

i have seen that the Osram D2S Xenarc Cool Blue Intense are said to be pretty good or the Philips Ultinon? im looking for a bulb thats not factory yellow and around the 5000-6000K rating (preferably 5000k as i don't want to loose even more light output).

is it worth upgrading the wattage on the ballasts or the projectors? and how easy is this to do? i've seen the HIDS4U 55w upgrade kit but i'm quite cautious as to how and if it would actually work..

any opinions on what i can do to increase the throw distance and have a brighter and safer bunch of headlights would be greatly appreciated! (for reference everything is stock bi-xenon)

Change your projectors and go for 5k bulbs

Depends if you want to go to all the hassle of splitting your headlights? I've done this before to do the Joey mod and it is a complete pain in the rear end. I have Standard S4 headlights in mine so only standard xenon rather than Bi-xenon but have to say don't suffer like you say you are. Send a quick message to T8UPS AKA EM Tuning he has various options for replacement xenon bulbs and may be able to sort you out.

Thanks for the advice guys!

is ther any particular brand of projectors to go for? and how easy are they to install? ive heard you may need to cut some of the headlight interior to fit some of the newer projectors snuggly.. i see a lot of people go for the morimoto D2S mini projectors, are they good? and wher can you buy them?