Clear plastic face on dials.

Dan Rae

Reaction score
Just noticed a scratch on my dial face is it possible to change this or do you have to buy a whole dial unit? If I don't do something about it, will annoy me every time I look at dials.

You could polish the scratch out with a plastic polish. Although these items usually have an anti glare coating on them. Unless you could source a so iliac product then I probabaly wouldn't touch it.

I can't help with wether or not the item can be sourced individually. But I would imagine it may be a sealed unit?

It does indeed look to be a bonded on screen judging from this picture :-

k3o06nSq

You could polish the scratch out with a plastic polish. Although these items usually have an anti glare coating on them. Unless you could source a so iliac product then I probabaly wouldn't touch it.

I can't help with wether or not the item can be sourced individually. But I would imagine it may be a sealed unit?
I was looking in to buying some of the meguiars plast rx cleaner/polish, you think that would be ok?

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 199
Yeah, that is a really good plastic polish. Just be weary of removing the coating.

Yeah il just use a bit and use a applicator pad then micro fibre it

I remember reading a post in the 8P forum a few years back about someone with the same issue. The person in question was a detailer and he removed the clocks (single unit that could not be opened) so that he could hit them with a DA polisher. The results were great!

Reactions: Rob2k68
The meguiars can be bought from Halfords, and they currently have 3 for 2 on. Could save you some time waiting is postage etc

Reactions: Dan Rae
Cheers Mate I will nip down tonight, not like halfrauds!

Reactions: Gazjs
Cheers Mate I will nip down tonight, not like halfrauds!
Sadly halfords don't supply this product not even on the website got a good deal anyway on some other products. Cheers

Reactions: Gazjs
I sourced a damage set of clocks for my 8p, the plastic is removable on those, the whole piece clips on, the join was covered by fabric tape too

Reactions: Dan Rae