DTUK box on manual S3 anyone?

DickiePhitt

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Has anyone experience of running a DTUK box fitted to a manual S3?

I ask because I had a bad experience with the 'chocolate' clutch on my TTS a few years ago so am very wary of the ability of the standard manual S3 clutch to handle the significant increase in torque the DTUK box gives.

there are many people on the forum with stg1 and 2 maps, swell as DTUK boxes, not having any issues.

i am, in due course, getting a DTUK box! i just need that little more self persuasion to click buy it now!

Like you @RO65ERS I just need to convince myself a bit more.
I've read lots of post on here about mapping and they tend to concentrate on power, not torque, as well as being skewed towards the dual-clutch 'box. The DTUK box gives a good heft in torque.
I've also read the post where the guy has fitted a bespoke uprated clutch, which I suspect is the real answer, but adds about €2k fitted which is money I'd prefer to put towards my next car.
I'd like to hear specifically if any manual owners have had success, or otherwise, with a DTUK box.

this is the difficult thing, 95% of the things you will read regarding any sort of tuning, its for s-tronic drivers!
there are very few manual S3 around.

the good thing with he DTUK box is, you can taper it down if you experience any difficulties.
im confident that any form of "stg1" tuning will be ok, and chances are if clutch slipping occurs its more likely driver error, i.e too high a gear, low rev and going WOT, rather than dropping and upping the revs before hand.

i convinced myself to get APR stg1, had it all booked...cancelled it, purely on the grounds that i got a few faults with the car, and had it repaired under warranty, then i remembered how valuable the warranty is and i cant risk the TD1 code. so i cancelled.

now, I'm prepared to buy the FSR+, in fact I'm super excited about buying it and fitting it, especially as I've been off work for 5 weeks and have another 6 weeks off, so i have plenty of time to play with it!, so i go on their site, and then i get to the check out and click off the page.
im not sure why, there is just something stopping me.
End of the day i know I'm going to buy it, so i don't know why i don't just do it anyway! lol.

Has anyone experience of running a DTUK box fitted to a manual S3?

I ask because I had a bad experience with the 'chocolate' clutch on my TTS a few years ago so am very wary of the ability of the standard manual S3 clutch to handle the significant increase in torque the DTUK box gives.

I had a Dtuk box on my golf r for 6 months or so, ****** loved it. The pull in first and second was barely noticable, but third pulled like a train. Even in 6th at 70, plant the foot and no need to drop a cog to over take. Never found any issues with the clutch like those with dsg complained about, be it clutch slip or smell.

Had a DTUK box on my GTD a year ago, which I chopped in for the R, and didn't skip a beat either. Can't fault the product for what it does. Easy to fit, but the undertray removal can be a pain in the a s s

Reactions: RO65ERS
Had a DTUK running in my s3 for 5 months with zero issues. Had the same box running on my mk7 gti for two years with zero problems.

I totally understand why people get remaps but the DTUK ticks all the boxes I need

I've got the DTUK and the pedal box. I must say it's brilliant, I also have the forge Intake on and they compliment each other very well. Oh and no problems at all at the moment but if I do I will remove it and take it to the dealers to sort ha.

I had a dtuk tuning box and pedal box on my 2016 s3. I found it a very good bit of kit.
Must say I have now gone stage 3 so now have them up for sale.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 172
Yes I'd sell it separately.

£300 delivery inc

I'm selling my MTM Cantronic box if anyone is interested. :)