Hello, Need some help :)

Callum Hill

Reaction score
Hello, I have just brought a Audi A3 1.8t 2001 plate 160K , I am currently having a few problems and wondering if you could help:

Problem 1. I seem to be getting water in my foot well of my car on the passenger side, the scuttle doesn't seem to fit flush to the screen, also I removed the scuttle and the foam bit behind is soaking, also should there be a lid on the pollen filter housing as the water has gone through the pollen and taken out my fan motor? Any easy fix?

Problem 2. My dash pixels have gone all funny are the speedo's plug and play? or do they need programming?

Problem 3. when I turn the steering quite a bid such as going round a roundabout I get a funny noisy from the passenger wheel? any common faults?

Also anything to do or watch out for as the car has done a lot of miles?

Any help would be great thank you :)

Check out the stickies on here, you should find your answers there hopefully.

The scuttle is a ******, and water in the footwell is common on these, had the same problem myself when I bought mine but it had already been fixed and was just still extremely wet...stickies and Google are your best friends for this as it could be getting from a few places, just a test N wait kinda method for each one realy

Pretty sure I've read the pixel problem is pretty common too but I think from what I remember it's something you need to get used to or Atleast it's a long fix.

I had that same slight clonk on a hard knock if that's what u mean, mine was ball joint or bearings I believe.

Stickies are awesome on here, pretty much all the info you need. But if in doubt, just ask or pop and see our good friend Google ;)

Sorry I had no definitive answer for you

Ben

On hard lock * sorry my phone has a predictive mind of its own lol

Ben

If your looking for quick fix for your leak get some laminated card and tuck it under your scuttle panel and then bend it over pollen filter into scuttle tray . This way when water runs through the gap between windscreen and scuttle panel it will run down the laminated paper into scuttle tray instead of pollen filter. Hope this makes sense

The pixels can be repaired by a company called cluster repairs I believe, you have to remove the clocks and send them to them, it's quite a quick turnaround, but your car won't run without them, so you can't use it.

my pixels come and go, I am sure it is weather related eg condensation. maybe even partially related to your moisture issue?

I did see a thread about repairing the circuit board yourself, I just switch my DIS off instead :D the advert is £120 to repair it on ebay.

Yes, they ft a new screen, they did it on a TT on wheeler dealers.