Confusion on spring rates for ST coilovers

SevenW

Reaction score
Hi all,
I have a 2014 A3 Saloon 1.8, it was specced with the sport suspension but the handling is a bit floaty for me at close to legal speeds.........cough cough.
Anyway I'm looking at getting some ST coilovers just to lower the car a bit and reduce the 4 finger wheel arch gap (I have small hands). I'm looking at ST's website and I've deduced my car has 55mm struts upfront, it's non EDC and my backend is most definitely independent multilink.
They have two kits available, one has a spring rated for 980KG and a second kit is rated at 981-1075KG, question is which is suited to me, if I was to get the 1075KG and I really require the 980KG what would be the bad effects? And vice versa if I got the lighter spring? I'm lost!!!!!!
I don't track my car, 85% of the time I'm just pottering around the other 15% I drive spiritedly, most definetly I want to reduce the 4x4 wheel gap.

Axle weights generally found on sticker front offside inner wing with VAG .

With such a new car you don't even need to replace the dampers .

Fit the finest springs known to man .

Eibach Pro kit .

Thanks Gaz!
I'll take a good look at the sticker and follow suit.
Just thinking I'm gonna be keeping the car for a while and don't fancy just changing out the springs, then having to do the shocks after a while.
I did exactly that with my old MKV GTI, changed for Pro Kits then the ****** Sachs OE shocks started leaking and had to redo with Bilstein B8s.
Great set up though.

I was looking at pro kits and Billies also but again unsure about which serial number of springs.............

Cheers I did read that but a lot of it is about S3 drivers, I wish I could of............:sob:

Believe me, the A3 Sport suspension dampers are a lot better than the S3 standard fit (non-magride) dampers :)