Coil pack advice!

g60go

Reaction score
hi people,
I've got a slight misfire on my s3 when it's warmed-up and sitting at idle so I suspect it's the coil packs(or one of them!),I've no idea if/when they were last changed so I want to chuck a set in it. I just wondered what brand everyone is recommending and at what price and where to get them from. I seem to be getting prices ranging in all areas,but I found a guy on eBay from Greece selling genuine vag ones (x4) for £68 plus a tenner post.....does this sound too cheap? What's everyone else used? Opinions???heres the link to the eBay guy!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/4-PACK-OF...038073?hash=item23582a8979:g:ERIAAOSw-vlVjBzx

What's the benefit of using those?

I'm not really keen on using used items mate!

I would stick with the original coils personally. (I.e not the 2.0 version).

Ideally that's what I want to do too mate!
Do you think the ones from Greece would be a good buy or do they sound too cheap? Bosch ones are about £180/set u see! And the next decent ones behind them are over £130/set!

Ideally that's what I want to do too mate!
Do you think the ones from Greece would be a good buy or do they sound too cheap? Bosch ones are about £180/set u see! And the next decent ones behind them are over £130/set!

Buy cheap buy twice! Mate the genuine stuff comes with a 2 year parts warranty

wouldn't a scan tell you if the slight misfire is coil related rather than spending £100 on parts? also VAG apparently did a free coil upgrade for Audi S3s didn't they? maybe they will give you free coils.

Buy cheap buy twice! Mate the genuine stuff comes with a 2 year parts warranty

Yeah,I'm not skimping on the price,I want to buy good ones,cheap ones are about £20 ea and decent ones seem to be upto about £50ea but I just wanting to know what's people advice on decent replacements for a decent price,those genuine ones sound way too cheap,and if there's a problem it's gonna be a nightmare sorting out coz the guy is all the way over in Greece.

wouldn't a scan tell you if the slight misfire is coil related rather than spending £100 on parts? also VAG apparently did a free coil upgrade for Audi S3s didn't they? maybe they will give you free coils.

Yeah I'm gonna take the car to work today to do the track-rode on it and take it next door to be plugged in while I've got it al work I didn't know about the 'free' coil replacement thing,sounds interesting!

You can go on awesomegti and buy a genuine set of tfsi ones for around 100quid i think. Definately not 50quid per coil for decent ones! I paid 20 on ebay for my low mileage tfsi ones and they are spot on.

I got my mate the other day at CES to price me up BOSCH ones and they were in the late £40's and he chucks me a discount!
Ok,thanks for that advice,I'll do a bit more digging and see if the tfsi route is the best one to go down and may change to those ones. Thanks.