Mirror Swap

Ben Newsome

Reaction score
Hi all,

I pick up my new S3 on Saturday and it has chrome mirrors that I wanted to change for body coloured.
Basically wanted to know what's worth more?
Would I be able to get a swap easily enough?
The car is Sepang Blue.

Thanks
Ben.

Hi Ben, Congratulations on the new car !!

The chrome mirrors should sell for £200 ish on ebay easily enough. For maybe £100 you could buy primed caps from Audi and have them painted if you know a reasonable paint shop. I did something similar on a Leon FR I had and changed from Titanium to Nevada white. There are a few guides on here on how to change the caps - it's easy enough you just need to take your time.

Reactions: pburv
Thanks Rob. Very helpful! :grinning:

Reactions: Rob2k68
I wonder if you could get them successfully 'wrapped' in body colour cheaper as another option?.

Reactions: pburv and Rob2k68
Some people have wrapped them black which looks good on red and sepang especially if you have the Black Sports Pack.

Reactions: Ridereasy and pburv
.... be wanting a single port exhaust next :sign wow:

i need to colour code my mirror caps!

pay over the odds for a BSP and still have chrome / silver on the vehicle! Grrr!

Reactions: pburv and Rob2k68
I'm just about to sell my side-assist S3 mirrors to a chap from the US who has body-coloured Sepang ones, might be worth seeing if anyone over there would fancy a swap?

oh sod the hassle of shipping to the states.
sod shipping anywhere, i hate posting things... mainly because i shipped a 1500 quid exhaust to yorkshire, and it got lost and royal fail wouldn't accept the loss and i was big fat out of pocket!
yup it was posted as recorded and insured too, they still went back on it!

I for one hate the silver wing mirror covers and ordered body coloured ones when you could, looks so much better i think.
There was some Audi confusion about what I was getting so also spoke to local Oxford Audi dealer who gave me their preferred body shop contact details, think it would have came out about £200 all in for the pair to be done in body colour. When the car was delivered it had them already so was chuffed. Failing that just order a new pair and fit them, small fry if you have just picked up a new car.
p.s. I am also the kinda guy who would debadge it and put a single exhaust port as well, so like the plain jane A3 look ;)

oh sod the hassle of shipping to the states.
sod shipping anywhere, i hate posting things... mainly because i shipped a 1500 quid exhaust to yorkshire, and it got lost and royal fail wouldn't accept the loss and i was big fat out of pocket!
yup it was posted as recorded and insured too, they still went back on it!
Must be a 'tricked out' post van in Yorkshire somewhere...lol

Must be a 'tricked out' post van in Yorkshire somewhere...lol

it was a carbon Akrapovic system for an R6. I'm sure the combo van has an awesome note to it now.

Purely out of interest; what's your motivation for wanting to swap them?

I went for body coloured as in my street there's Volvos, Seats, Fiats & others all with sliver caps - think it's the current fashion to have either black or silver caps.

Reactions: Cairnsy13, Ben Newsome, batch and 3 others
Purely out of interest; what's your motivation for wanting to swap them?

Purely a preference thing. I don't like anything chrome. The car has a black pack but still has chrome mirrors.

Reactions: richinsoton and Rob2k68