Indicators as sidelights is anyone running this?

Ash33

Reaction score
I want to make my indicators work as part of the side lights on my 07 sportback, is anyone running this set up if so what % brightness are you running them? Pictures would be a massive help.

Hi mate I was running at 30% before I had my mot, going to activate them again soon but might try 20/25% see how it looks!

Reactions: Ash33
Don't bother, its an accident waiting to happen imho & you could get pulled as indicators as drl's may not be actually legal, check as it could be a fine & points, but more importantly, someone will mistake you for turning & also confuse other drivers.

Reactions: SnazzyWafles
Don't bother, its an accident waiting to happen imho & you could get pulled as indicators as drl's may not be actually legal, check as it could be a fine & points, but more importantly, someone will mistake you for turning & also confuse other drivers.

My XC60 has yellow side markers on the front of the car, as do many other cars, vans and lorries. So I doubt it's illegal having them. I expect more accidents are caused by people not using them at all, mainly BMW drivers lol.

BUT I can't comment on whether it will fail an MOT using the actual indicator itself as a side marker.

That's different if it has them as by design, but people know where models indicators are & thus would associate that lit bulb as indicating, its for me an accident waiting to happen, but knock yourself out :)

I was only going to run them at about 25 30% so not bright just a small glow so i don't think it will stand out too much. It will also have another 70 75% more to go when indicating

I was only going to run them at about 25 30% so not bright just a small glow so i don't think it will stand out too much. It will also have another 70 75% more to go when indicating

Iv had old bill pass me and not bother me so can't be that much of an issue, you see loads of cars and trucks with amber lights in the same places so be a good argument! Didn't chance my mot tester though! Lol

I don't think one police car passing you means it's not a problem - not every policeman is a traffic/car expert.

I would say question of legality aside, it just looks a bit cr ap. :readit: like an old Japanese car.