Retro fitting puddle lights

CraigRE

Reaction score
This has probaby already been asked...and a thread on it
But theres so many of different ones...with different cars and what have you

2.0 140 sline avant (dont know if it will make a difference)

My door cards have not got puddle lights (so i gues they wont have the cables inside ready to go?)

I gather i will have to cut the hole in the bottom of my doors (4 doors)

Im wanting to have the audi badge shine down (like the batman signal)

What else do i need to do/buy/get in order for me to have this job complete??

Links advice knowledge pictures

What ever will help give me it

Cheers

Reactions: CraigRE
So does he also supply the bulb holders wth his looms?

I purchased these off eBay CLICKY for £30

They took a few weeks to come but they are spot on and look the same as the originals in every way.....hopefully fitting them next week!

$_12.JPG

China :notworking: lol

Let us know how it goes lol

Yes I know the majority of stuff from China is shat.....but these are definitely on a par with the OEM.

I was dubious about replacing my master window switch with one of the cheaper ones which will have been sourced from China. But as a few people on here had replaced their original with one of these I bit the bullet and it works just as well as the original if not better as I had a faulty switch on mine.

Carl you sir are a legend.

Will you be using the above guide for fitting?

On a side note why did you need a new window switch?

I'd be interested in the 'China' set too. I'm constantly surprised at how many things aren't already on the A4 and I figured being an S-Line things like this would just be there as standard!

Me too arnie
.i begin to think the sline...is just those daft sline badges lol

I too was surprised mate.

I came from a s3 and the stuff that was standard on that I took for guaranteed were as everything on the A models is optional extras.

Carl you sir are a legend.

Will you be using the above guide for fitting?

On a side note why did you need a new window switch?

Well I started to use it for the wiring but as my car is a post May 07 build I believe it will be pin 16 and pre this date pin 13 for the + feed.

The cutting out of the hole was easy enough as that took less than an hour to install including taking the door panel off, cutting the hole and inserting the lights into the various holes, having a brew and having to put up with a giddy husky that wanted to play.

The wiring was simple enough also and fingers crossed I have put the + into the correct pin. I'm going to try and get the passenger side done tomorrow weather permitting and reset the control module in the passenger footwell. The routing of the wires was simple enough as they are already the correct way as far as I can tell....well it was simple enough to do.

2016 03 18 155535
2016 03 18 162207

2016 03 18 170104

As for the Master Window Switch Dani.....the passenger side switch was sticking a little when opening it and was a PITA when you just wanted it down a little.

2016 03 18 181428

View of OEM switch against copy which works exactly the same.

2016 02 04 141646

Let me know how you get on because at £30 it's a steal.

Just found the footwell lighting kit, you attempting that?

Cool, cheers mate, was asking as my passenger side front and rear window switches are playing up, the Windows work fine off the drivers master unit but play up on there own individual switches.

Let me know how you get on because at £30 it's a steal.

Just found the footwell lighting kit, you attempting that?

Cool, cheers mate, was asking as my passenger side front and rear window switches are playing up, the Windows work fine off the drivers master unit but play up on there own individual switches.

Nah I don't need lights to tell me where my feet are going.

If it's sticking Dani then it's probably knackered. At first I thought it was just sticking as maybe the original owner had spilt juice on it or something, but on closer inspection it had some play in it.

Haha, look good though regardless pal.

Well I trying to figure out if I need to change the master switch or something else. Google isn't been helpful tbh.

You can get the separate switches also pal.....one guy does the master and the three others for not that much more.

Reactions: Dani_B19
I tried both pins 13 & 16 (as I have a late 07 car) to no avail.....did a VCDS scan with it in pin 16 and was giving me an error saying that my seat memory button was faulty.....but I haven't got memory seats.

Went back to pin 13 and still nothing. I tried unplugging the black plug in the footwell to reset the control module and still nothing, I also tried closing and opening the doors and still nothing.

Decided enough was enough.....had a brew and went back outside to put the car back together and low and behold they are working now.

PITA as the instructions aren't the clearest but worth it in the end!

2016 03 19 152538

2016 03 19 152548 HDR

I'd best get the backs done now!

When you doing mine?

Really not looking forward to this haha.

Reactions: carlcall
Where you based?

Tbh pal after doing the radio I've realised I'm not too bad at car electrics, also been **** not with the mechanics bit realised recently I can turn my hand to a throng car related tbh, even detailing.

So carllcall i
Since i havnt got the puddle light
...if i just purchase those chinese wires from ebay...thats all i will need do get the lights working?...all plug and play after that?
Plus my audi logo lights too
Cheers

Well the chinese wires came ..and also my audo logos

probs attempt to fit them on saturday..weather depending
20160405 201208
20160405 201202

Reactions: carlcall and Dani_B19
Good luck mate, post a right up and plenty of pics.

Craig just remember pin 13 is the + and pin 21 is the -

And I don't think you have to unplug the CCM either. Just close the doors for 5 minutes and see if it activates them as I've lost my seatbelt chime by disconnecting it......I suppose it saved me doing it via VCDS

Oh and GOOD LUCK not that you will need it and. Forgot to mention you may need some door panel clips as they break really easily

Are those the triangle things??
Might buy a bunch of them...as everything i have removed in the past ..they have bent lol

I get the remove the door card
Cut the hole in the door card (i havnt got puddle lights)
Where abouts is all these pins at?
And how do i know which pin is which?
They numberd off or something
I will do a nice step by step guide like i did with me dewiper lol

Yes pal these things

10x-vw-audi-a4-s4-rs4-door-card-interior-trim-panel-clips-fasteners-8e0-868-243-393-p.jpg

Can't find mine to take a picture as it looks like the Mrs has put them somewhere safe....

The pins are on the lead you disconnect when you remove the door card and they are numbered at either end....1-16 & 17-32

As for the hole....cut it the same size as the red reflector one you have in the door already, or slightly smaller and then file it out to enlarge it.

Beng a cab owner, ive always scratched my head at this as thought all B6's and B7's came with puddle and warning lights?!

All I need to do is swap over my bulbs for LED ones for my puddle and warning light :pP

Jokes aside, amazing work!

No one likes a smart *** Dr. Lol

lol, no one does!

Please please just remember that the puddle and warning lights (as well as footwell lights) automatically go off after a certain amount of time I believe.

So dont be a doughnut, install everything successfully and wonder why the lights dont come on! Like i did. (Im such a tool sometimes)

Simply close the door, wait a couple of seconds and open :)

My cab doesn't have either but has the blanks where they should be but no wiring in the doors

My cab doesn't have either but has the blanks where they should be but no wiring in the doors

No way..Really? I dont understand why the B7 Cab doesn't have them and the B6 Cab does?

In this case, definitely follow the above and get it done. Its a GREAT mod.

As I have said before when the original owner was asked about extras he probably panicked and thought his wife would think he was in a dodgy massage place. Think the only extra it has is the s line badges.

Reactions: DrStrange, CraigRE and Dani_B19
so, are these puddle lights standard fitment or part of another option pack.

as in a single part option or as part of a multi-option pack.