Chrome window trim!

Ste_Unphased

Reaction score
I bet this had been asked a thousand times but I'm looking to get my sport fully resprayed and I'm going to replace the chronework as its really milky!

My question is how much do Audi charge and another thing, does the seat parts fit and are they cheaper?

Thanks

New Crome trim is very dear to buy new have you thought about getting it wrapped or hydro dipped

I've just priced it up, just short of £400 from TPS!

When you consider you are going to pay in the region of 2k for a decent full respray £400 for brand new bright work if that's what you like is small change, but all in over the value of the car!

You thought about losing the crome and going black ??

deffo loose the crome I hate Crome plus black makes the car looks miles better

Got to agree with all of the above. In this day and age, and with our cars there really is zero point in paying £400 for 'oem' chrome trims.

Here you go..a pic of mine (Wrapped)

Attachments

• IMG_1696.JPG
    IMG_1696.JPG
    727.6 KB · Views: 340
That looks well!

Why can't you just polish the crap out of them and clear coat them? They are just pieces of metal aren't they?

That looks well!

Why can't you just polish the **** out of them and clear coat them? They are just pieces of metal aren't they?

Thanks!

Im no expert on what you mention but yes, I dont see a theoretical problem with doing that. I guess its just not worth the elbow grease.

Here's an idea, you could even wrap them in chrome if you want the desired chrome look.

The Crome isn't Crome its painted on there's a thread on here somewhere that had the paint code for it

Well I had all the chrome stripped off the car and the roof rails, they all polished up near like new with some poor boys compound!

Not at the minute but I'll get some soon, I have some pics at home of the compound process in the garage. I've got just one piece that needs replacing but that's just due to some old work on the car and they flatted right over the trim and scratched it. But all the rest come up nice that and the roof rails.

Reactions: Northampton_ofn
just to add if its like the b7 the trim is riveted on so replacement is a big job hence why most wrap.

It can be polished by hand with a microfibre cloth and some Autoglym Paint Renovator or similar. Doesn't take very long to be fair. That said mine weren't "milky", just needed a 10-year clean

If you have a variable speed buffer its much easier! But yea by hand if you don't mind the elbow grease

I've used meguiars deep crystal polish (step 2 of their 3 step system) on mine before with great results.

I have also now given in and will be colouring the rails the same colour as my wheels however