Best Diverter Valve/Dump Valve

ScottyKemp

Reaction score
OK about to buy one as i think my Bosch on is honking and fluttering.

What do you guys think is the best ONE ?

Do you get any noises from from Recirculating Valves

Anyone seen the VF Engineering one ?

Well i have the stratmosphere hyperboost on my A3 and it works perfectly... had it on for nearly a year and have never had any problem with it whatsoever, and is exactly the same as the forge valve... The most common are Forge, Hyperboost, and recently the AmD Viper valve... All do the same job in the same way, but the Viper differs slightly in design to eliminate some problems that people have had in the past. It really comes down to what you want...

Rich

Personally I'd go for the Forge valve as they have been in the market the longest and really know what they are doing!

http://www.forgemotorsport.co.uk/products.asp?cat=TUNDV&product=FMDV007P

All the others basically copy the Forge design as they got it right the first time... the Viper Valve claims to be better but that is a matter of opinion really.

However, this is very much like says 'who does the best re-chips' cause everyone has an opinion!

Just choose one you like the look of and the price of cause as Rich says, they all do the same job (but go for the Forge one!)

Cheers
Jon

they all can fail, just like the bosch, including Forge.

infact i saw two forge diaphrapm valves taken off a RS4 on sunday and both the diaphragms had disintergrated leaving a penny sized hole in each. They had done less than 6K miles and were only fitted at the end of may this year.

The Hyperboost and Viper are cheaper than the Forge unit, but I think as said they are much of a muchness and it's purely based on taste. I like the Hyperboost one I've got as it was free /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif and it's very discreet, being black and all.

I don't know of anyone with a Baileys DV fitted on a VAG car, but I imagine again it's pretty similar to the rest.

I fancied one which would dump some air to atmosphere so to get that woosh noise.....yes a bit kev style, but I'm perverted like that!, but I'm find one that people recommend.

Depends on if you get the diaphragm or piston valves....

I would go with piston

Rich

[ QUOTE ]
Gambba said:
The Hyperboost and Viper are cheaper than the Forge unit, but I think as said they are much of a muchness and it's purely based on taste. I like the Hyperboost one I've got as it was free /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif and it's very discreet, being black and all.

I don't know of anyone with a Baileys DV fitted on a VAG car, but I imagine again it's pretty similar to the rest.

I fancied one which would dump some air to atmosphere so to get that woosh noise.....yes a bit kev style, but I'm perverted like that!, but I'm find one that people recommend.

[/ QUOTE ]

Forge valve is exaclty the same price as the rest... about £1 difference IIRC... (remember to check whether it is +/- vat)

[ QUOTE ]
RichA3Turbo said:
Depends on if you get the diaphragm or piston valves....

I would go with piston

Rich

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

i went for the viper piston type too. Decided id try it, as we got a good group buy price.

the added bonus of any of these valves is that you can take them apart, see the problem, clean , service and repair them.

even carry spares for when they do fail.

[ QUOTE ]
PaulS3 said:
i went for the viper piston type too. Decided id try it, as we got a good group buy price.

the added bonus of any of these valves is that you can take them apart, see the problem, clean , service and repair them.

even carry spares for when they do fail.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep its a good idea being able to do that... The forge/hyperboost valve does the same thing. You can uprate the springs, renew bits .etc

Rich

yup i agree. thats why i said " any of these valves " /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[ QUOTE ]
PaulS3 said:
yup i agree. thats why i said " any of these valves " /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Jonmurgie said:
Personally I'd go for the Forge valve as they have been in the market the longest and really know what they are doing!

http://www.forgemotorsport.co.uk/products.asp?cat=TUNDV&product=FMDV007P

All the others basically copy the Forge design as they got it right the first time... the Viper Valve claims to be better but that is a matter of opinion really.

However, this is very much like says 'who does the best re-chips' cause everyone has an opinion!

Just choose one you like the look of and the price of cause as Rich says, they all do the same job (but go for the Forge one!)

Cheers
Jon

[/ QUOTE ]

The forge ones stick, the viper doesn't!
end of /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Well if you want the best of all worlds then I'd recommend the Forge RACE Diverter Valve here:

http://www.forgemotorsport.co.uk/products.asp?cat=TUNDV&product=FMDVR

As you get a range of springs for fine tuning and some spare Diaphragms.

Now, the Piston vs. Diaphragm debate is an interesting one... PaulS3, you mention the failure of the Forge Diaphragm valve on an RS4 at 6k miles, and this is about right for the life span of a diaphragm in such an environment. After an lengthy conversation with Forge about which valve to o for I got this response:

Diaphragm - will give a much smoother response BUT will only last about 5-6k miles when you will need to replace the Diaphragm (which I believe are FOC from Forge)

Piston - won't be as smooth as the diaphragm valve but will last indefinitely with occasional lubrication

So those are the choices... me, I went for the diaphragm valve cause I don't mind changing the diaphragm when it does perish!

Hope that helps a little /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
Jon