I ran the 1/4 mile at Pod yesterday @RWYB :)

xpoweruk

TTTS 8J Smile Machine
Reaction score
Was a pretty rubbish day weather wise,but good experience none the less
Couldn't get traction most of the day,but finally managed one reasonable run
12.26 @116.86 :)
Not bad for a first time I guess
revo stage 1+ ,Milltek ValveSonic,revo intake
99ron UK fuel blended with 3 litres of ethanol in a full tank so I could run the 100RON revo file

Vid on my dropbox

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ddv7fnogv1ctx4w/12.2 pod.mp4?dl=0

Reactions: Sandra, scotty76, RS5 JON and 2 others
A few nice road cars in that time bracket too :)

Drag times

If I can launch in better condition the bellow is possible (perhaps)

Drag possible

Reactions: Chop.
Good times but you aren't going to go 0.5s faster with a better launch. The terminal speeds are all within 1mph of each other and the runs are pretty consistent.
A good 60ft time will probably be low 1.8's and that will carry through to the end. I think you should be aiming to get a sub 12.00 second run, maybe low 11.9 .
What tyres do you have on the car and what pressures were you running ?.

Syline GTR r35 !!!

not bad company at all :)

cant watch at work i'll see it tonight

Reactions: xpoweruk
Good times but you aren't going to go 0.5s faster with a better launch. The terminal speeds are all within 1mph of each other and the runs are pretty consistent.
A good 60ft time will probably be low 1.8's and that will carry through to the end. I think you should be aiming to get a sub 12.00 second run, maybe low 11.9 .
What tyres do you have on the car and what pressures were you running ?.

The mid 11's was a bit tongue in cheek (no DSG as I'm 6MT)

Tyre pressures were quite high.
Started at 41 all round,dropped a couple of PSI out the rears after a couple of runs.
Hit the limiter quite a few time over the course of the day which didn't help,but 1 clean run is enough for now

Reactions: Chop.
The tyres are RE050A.They are getting towards the end of their life now,but still reasonable

Run the same pressure front and rear and it needs to be lower than 41PSI. Go too low and you end up increasing the rolling resistance of the tyre and that will cost you speed after the initial launch.I would try something like 32psi all round. Newer tyres tend to give you more grip.
If you goto a RWYB the week after a big meet where they have been gluing the track it will be good.

Nice time! Bigger cred to the person doing a 1/4 mile in a 288 GTO though!!