Drivers door stuck shut.

sonnyjim

Reaction score
Hello all,

After a bit of advice on how to get a stuck door open without wrecking the door card. The central locking is working just neither of the handles will open the door. I would think that maybe the linkage has come adrift as both handles are a little stiff and do not spring back to their original position on release. Possibly an easy fix if I could get the door open and remove the card.

Cheers

Sonnyjim

Ok, not much response to this one but managed in the end.

To answer you question bolly, yes it did. It only seemed to be the handles that didn't work.

So in case someone is in the same situation this is how I managed to get it open.

Stripped door card from passenger side to give me an idea of where I needed to poke and prod, tried various rods down between the window and seal but unsurprisingly the locks are quite protected. The only way in is to follow the route of the door pin, the plastic tip can be unscrewed leaving a small gap past the metal rod. The small plastic trim that also has the LED doesn't seem to budge. I then used a modified bucket handle, I'm sure a coat hanger would do the same, to follow the door pin rod down and push the mechanism to open the door. Sorted.

Typically after removing the window sub frame and lock TPS didn't have a lock in stock, but glad I didn't have to destroy a door card as some of the YouTube vids advised.

Cheers

Sonnyjim