Black it is....

Ianski68

Reaction score
as it was a nice day and i had some time off, decided to turn my front grill Black. its not perfect and maybe a touch a rushed but it will do for now, changing out the grill in the summer anyway.

from this......

IMG 5055

to this......

IMG 5057

Reactions: Stanningtonglen, B_FUR, James.c and 1 other person
Looks sweet mate,i want to do the same thing on mine but all the painted ones i`ve seen or know of seem to chip off and look scabby after a short while due to road debris hammering the grill.

Hats off to you tho it does look great,and i personally prefer it to the chrome look,shame the s-line black grill`s are like hens teeth as i cant find one anywhere.

Looks nice mate. Jobs a good'un

i did mine at the weekend

Attachments

• WP_20160320_12_08_29_Pro[1].jpg
    WP_20160320_12_08_29_Pro[1].jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 135
  • WP_20160320_12_08_39_Pro[1].jpg
    WP_20160320_12_08_39_Pro[1].jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 124
not a fan of de-ringed grilles tbh

Not sure about the badgeless look,but i think the audi rings painted in the same colour as your car may look cool.

[QUOTE="SteelCity-G, post: 2696224 shame the s-line black grill`s are like hens teeth as i cant find one anywhere.[/QUOTE]

It depends on what bumper is fitted to your car. Apparently due to shortages of actual s line bumpers they fitted SE bumpers to some on the production line. If you have an SE bumper like mine there are lots to choose as its a standard size. The actual s line bumper is different in size.

as it was a nice day and i had some time off, decided to turn my front grill Black. its not perfect and maybe a touch a rushed but it will do for now, changing out the grill in the summer anyway.

from this......

View attachment 85017

to this......

View attachment 85018
Whats rushed about that? Looks a job well done to my eyes fella. Well played.

Like the black de-chrome look!

Ive done mine however ive got a B6 Cab. Ive also done the lower grill portion and fog inserts.

I was thinking of taking my front grille off and taking it to a body shop to get it all sprayed in a black high gloss,I'm not a fan of the silver trim anymore

I must confess. As I am going to change my grill for a mesh look grill in the summer. I painted it in situ. Easy enough to do..

looks good mate. you plastidip or normal can. i used halford vinly spray on mine and already chipping so will need to be redone in summer. may wrap it this time around. good work though mate. big fan of your car colour too, dont see too many blues about.

I was thinking of taking my front grille off and taking it to a body shop to get it all sprayed in a black high gloss,I'm not a fan of the silver trim anymore

Do it. Piece of cake to take off.

Take it to a body shop and ask to spray high gloss black. The finish will be great.