Ripspeed In car dvd HU

A3_Turbo

Swaying towards IHI....
Reaction score
Just thought id say i have expierienced no clicking problems and any of the other problems you lot have expierienced when fitting aftermarket HU's.

Hlafords fitted mine and the sound quality is so much clearer i personally dont think there is no need for aftermarket Subs/amps speakers are eally crisp and clear now.

Just thought id let you guys know, i know the Ripspeed in car dvd isnt top of the range but it does the job for me

Jason

Jason,
what car do you have? I've just been to Halfrauds today to have a Ripspeed dvd headunit installed only for them to say it won't go in - I have a 98 A6 and only want a dvd headunit rather than in the rear of the headrests.
Cheers

There din sized they fit anything, there just being lazy cos theres no room behind the dash for all the wiring.

The BAS*%RDS - they've had the car all day while I was at work, rang me at lunch time to say it wouldn't fit and do I want to choose an alternative item so i went after work only to find they didn't have anything else in stock. I know the 'security' flap isn't going to close but i could live with that - i hate being fecked about.
Cheers anyway mate, i'll be going elsewhere at the weekend to see if i can get something fitted.

"Just thought id say i have expierienced no clicking problems and any of the other problems you lot have expierienced when fitting aftermarket HU's."

That's because they used the speaker input adapter, which takes the high level speaker output from the Hu and converts it back down to pre-out level so the Audi amp can then convert it back up to speaker output level again.
Gets rid of the pops but is not so good for SQ, but judging from your comments and the fact you let Halfords loose on your car I guess that's a minor concern.

Interesting you say that granted it is a very tight fit i still manage to get it in there nicely fitted it myself couple of weeks back when i installed my Sub and that Etc.

Its not a bad HU but for the price think you could get something better....

Jason