Removing seats

RO65ERS

Reaction score
Has anyone removed the front seats?

quick search of "removing seats" shows nothing.

I'm going to guess its 4 bolts on the frame and possible 2-3 connectors on a harness for Airbag / tensioners and another for heated pads.

im preparing myself for my interior detail.

Has anyone removed the front seats?

quick search of "removing seats" shows nothing.

I'm going to guess its 4 bolts on the frame and possible 2-3 connectors on a harness for Airbag / tensioners and another for heated pads.

im preparing myself for my interior detail.

Removing the seats is very fine attention to detail!

Yep pretty much just the bolts and being extra extra careful with the wiring connectors particulary the yellow connector as this is the airbag. Dissconnecting anything like this the battery should also be disconnected and you need to touch metal side kick plated to get rid / discharge any static electricity.

Reactions: RO65ERS
4 spline bolts, if you don't have them they are on ebay for about £10. then either 3 or 4 connectors underneath the seat (dependent on if you have seat heating or not) Each seat takes about 10 mins but they are heavy to remove so enlist a friend and the battery disconnection is a must for airbag safety.

cheers

David.

Reactions: RO65ERS
here's the connectors

Attachments

• seat wiring 3.PNG
    seat wiring 3.PNG
    882.2 KB · Views: 1,066
Hi,

This is an old thread but I was wondering if its possible to remove/disassembling the seat base from the backrest. I've heard the super sport seats have the same seat base and was looking into just getting the setback from Audi and replacing the standard seatback

Thanks.