150 bhp or 180 bhp

a4quat

Reaction score
how can i find out if my car is 150 or 180bhp, it is a w reg a4 1.8t sport quattro?

its just that i went on the AmD website and it had 2 different bhp figures for the quattro b5?

The power output of your engine in kW should be marked on a sticker on the inside of your service book. Same sticker is normally also in the boot by the spare tyre.

my engine code starts with ajl but the sticker in the service book says 132kw?

180bhp she is mate!!!
Great car..love all the spec bits audi put on these..I like the 17's on it I had those on my coupe.....

Welcome to the club! :)

So - does anyone know definitively what it is that Audi did to up the output to 180bhp - is it 'just' a remap? Is the turbo a K03's', and if so what's the difference to a K03?

Cheers! :salute:

Not sure of the diferences but it is a K03s

so for a b5 a4ts non quattro is the best upgrade the k03s or k04?

johnyj said:
even without remap?

yes, if you do it in order buy the k04 and this will show even a little of its potential with more stable top end, then get a remap and you will see some significant increase.

i see sounds good, my a4 has done 90,000 would it not b a good idea to put a k04 on?

The eliminator kit will see around 300bhp depending on mapping where as the K04 is only good for around 240bhp mabe a little more.

K04-14 Turbos are hard to find but your be looking around the £500 mark new some times less if you get lucky.

gt28 is that a garret turbo that fits an a4?
what sort of bhp is that