What was the standard B7 S-Line spec?

Phil303

Reaction score
As the title states really. I'm trying to work out what was standard fit and what was an option on a B7 I've bought recently. Thanks.

you are not alone , I don't think there really is a standard level of trim or base level option frankly, all variants seem to differ regardless of what model one has, some have a good spec some don't, just depends on how its been spec'd at the factory really, it is after all an audi and they are very good at this whole options are extra but so are most parts aswell millarchy...

Reactions: Sandra
That would make sense. When I was looking for one no two cars had the same spec, despite being the same S-line variant. There weren't many 3.2s for sale anyway, and the ones that were out there had some features at the expense of others (leather but no RNS-E for example). I can now see that the one I ended up buying seems particularly well-specced: Bose, leather, tiptronic with paddle shift, cruise control, RNS-E, Bluetooth and strangely, Audi exclusive door sills. Any idea why it would have these?

Last edited:
I've just got back from the local Audi dealer after picking up some parts. The helpful service department guy ran the VIN code through their system and it turns out it was originally an Audi Aberdeen demonstrator. That would explain why there were a lot of options ticked when new.

Take mine is the lowest then
Sline badge...and thats it lol
Jokes
I have no arm rest no bose no cruise control
I have sline wheels
Door sills
Nice cloth interior

Thats about it lmao

I wouldn't have guessed that the armrest was an option.

I thought getting an S Line meant it would be good spec but seems that was misplaced - mine had leather and alloys but standard Concert CD player, no Bose, no DIS, no cruise, no armrest, halogen lights....

Last edited:
I'm wondering what S-line actually meant. I thought it signified a decent level of spec too.

Did I mention the heated seats and auto dimming mirrors? Adaptive and bending Xenons? Multi-function steering wheel? DIS? Split and folding rear seats? I'm going through a print out that the Audi dealer gave me...

If you saw the state of the underneath of the car you'd be the one smiling.

From what I gather it's spent time on a farm at some point and has been driven down off-road tracks which have ripped to shreds the plastic protective panels. There's more corrosion under there than you'd expect to see on a car of this age too and mice have been nibbling the heat shields to the point where they aren't actually fixed to the floor – more resting on the exhaust. There are significant stone chips on all 4 of the wheel arches and the propshaft is crusty too. The previous owner also had the incredible idea to fit a stainless steel centre section to the exhaust, and while he was at it, the cats were removed as well. Lastly, it was sitting on Poundland tyres.

I like my cars totally original so the first job was to fit some decent tyres, remove the nasty window tints (which were badly done and on the front windows probably illegal too) and then the exhaust is being replaced next week by a nice, quiet stainless steel one complete with 2 new cats.

I'm wondering what S-line actually meant. I thought it signified a decent level of spec too.

Did I mention the heated seats and auto dimming mirrors? Adaptive and bending Xenons? Multi-function steering wheel? DIS? Split and folding rear seats? I'm going through a print out that the Audi dealer gave me...

s-line is not really anything special , it's just a package that gives a specific model lowered and uprated suspension, a few different body trim parts , different bumpers and or valance and possibly different interior parts like a steering wheel and seats, a lot of it is just a s-line badge stuck on , just those sort of things really, but they can be quite expensive bits to buy and add on if you don't have the s-line pack so does pay to buy a car with the it already part of the spec.

if you want the official expalantion then here you go'

Audi produce a specification of optional sports trim packages to their mainstream models, known as the S line. This is merely a trim specification which allows customers to effect a sporty appearance in their mainstream Audi model. Whilst the specific S line trim parts are designed and produced by quattro GmbH at its Neckarsulm factory, these mainstream cars are still manufactured and assembled by AUDI AG at their relevant factories on the same production lines alongside their other standard models.

Cars with S line trim are not to be confused with the specific high performance offerings - the "S" models (made by AUDI AG), and the "RS" models (made by quattro GmbH); Audi cars with S line trim bear identical performance figures to their counterparts with base or SE trim levels.

and to add to this which they don't mention , the DTM and 220ps special editions in avant and saloon also come from the RS factory not the mainstream production line, that's why they are special.....

Take mine is the lowest then
Sline badge...and thats it lol
Jokes
I have no arm rest no bose no cruise control
I have sline wheels
Door sills
Nice cloth interior

Thats about it lmao
plus 1 my car had nothing when i brought it just a sline badge on front grill with the only expection being 18"alloys so not only are audi tight on spec the 1st person buying mine was aswell lol

ah yes but I bet It has an s-line front bumper and s-line front grill, door blades (normal size) , rear valance and 25mm lower suspension allround.

bose in either form is an audi option not s-line, as is centre arm rest etc.

ah yes but I bet It has an s-line front bumper and s-line front grill, door blades (normal size) , rear valance and 25mm lower suspension allround.
yea mine did have the above but i do belive some s-line didnt get the bumper and grill on leaving the factory.

it appeared to be an issue that effected cabs mainly and from my understanding it wasn't a parts shortage problem either but rather a mid production enhancement/facelift which effected earlier production runs

well not 100% but I have the full electric etc with heat s-line leather sports seats in black with s-line on the back near top.
but the the leather finish is another option altogether from audi.

my old bus came with these " extra options" on top of the "normal options" but no too cars are fitted out the same.
I would have loved a sunroof and sat nav , but had to make do with what I got plus these, still more than happy with it.

Full electric sport seats with electric lumbar and heating in black valcona leather
Xenon plus headlights
Adaptive headlamps
Rear side airbags
Acoustic parking aid - front & rear
Daytime running lights
Heated front seats
Full Bose sound system
Centre Armrest

2007 brochure here: http://www.elpaulio.co.uk/Audi/index.php

Link Care of elPaulio on VWAF.

Lists all the standard bits, extras and prices.

SE Trim (which was free) was:
7J x 16 ‘5-arm Trapez’ design alloy wheels with 205/55 R16. 2.0 TFSI and 6 pot have 215/55 R16
4-spoke leather steering wheel
Aluminium window-trims framing the exterior side windows
Concert radio with single front-loading CD with MP3 file compatibility
Cruise control for holding any speed above 25 mph
Door mirrors – electrically operated and heated including heated washer jets
Driver’s Information System (DIS)
Electric rear windows
Inlays in aluminium, facette silver
ISOFIX child-seat preparation
Leather gear knob, gaiter and hand-brake lever
Mondial cloth upholstery
Passenger airbag de-activation switch

S-Line Trim (which was £750 and instead on SE) was:
7J x 17 ‘5 parallel twin-spoke design alloy wheels with 235/45 R17 Y tyres
3-spoke Sports multi-function part-perforated leather steering wheel
Electric rear windows
S line body styling in body colour, badged S line
Sports seats, front, including electric lumbar support
Sports suspension
Strato cloth upholstery

Last edited:
This is my 3rd B7 avant and I always search high and low for the best spec which can mean you miss out if you ponder to long.
My current car is the best spec I have had apart from my RS4 which had everything available, but this one is a gem as it has only done 36,000 miles

3.0 ltr Tdi avant
Sat nav 6 cd Dis
Bose
Arm rest
Black full electric Nappa heated seats
Memory seats
Folding mirrors
Cruise
Auto dimming mirror
Auto lights
Auto wipers
Sunroof
Xenons adaptive with DRL
Parking aid front and rear
All the air bags
Factory privacy glass
DTM wheels
Muti function wheel
Voice command
Tiptronic with paddle shift.
Carbon fibre interior trim

Reactions: Charlie Farley

7J x 16 ‘5-arm Trapez’ design alloy wheels with 205/55 R16. 2.0 TFSI and 6 pot have 215/55 R16
Electric rear windows
Mondial cloth upholstery

Electric rear windows
Sports suspension
Strato cloth upholstery

well that's nothing like the the standard or s-line spec for my avant baka , I think you'll find that is the base spec and not the spec that most leave the factory, Quattro avant special ed s-line only came with 18" rims and that's just one item of many many items..

This is my 3rd B7 avant and I always search high and low for the best spec which can mean you miss out if you ponder to long.
My current car is the best spec I have had apart from my RS4 which had everything available, but this one is a gem as it has only done 36,000 miles

3.0 ltr Tdi avant
Sat nav 6 cd Dis
Bose
Arm rest
Black full electric Nappa heated seats
Memory seats
Folding mirrors
Cruise
Auto dimming mirror
Auto lights
Auto wipers
Sunroof
Xenons adaptive with DRL
Parking aid front and rear
All the air bags
Factory privacy glass
DTM wheels
Muti function wheel
Voice command
Tiptronic with paddle shift.
Carbon fibre interior trim

that's a nice pile of goodies you have there.

Yes, just missing the bluetooth which is a pain as ive had it on every other audi, but looking at retro fitting it

yep, I havn't got it either, sometimes wish I did , but maybe get the oem retro fitted sometime soon.

Electric rear windows
Mondial cloth upholstery

Electric rear windows
Sports suspension
Strato cloth upholstery

This is allegedly the standard spec for mine, and it still has other options as standard not including the extras ones not on this list.

Standard Equipment

• Digital clock
  • Service interval indicator
  • Servotronic PAS
  • 10 speakers
  • Aluminium trim strips framing side windows
  • Body colour bumpers
  • Body colour door handles
  • Body colour door mirrors
  • Electric front windows
  • Electric rear windows
  • Front fog lights
  • Gmbh body styling kit
  • Heat insulating tinted glass
  • Rear window wash/wipe
  • S line scuff plates
  • Soft touch boot release
  • Twin black exhaust pipes
  • 12V power point in luggage area
  • 3 spoke part perforated sports leather multifunction steering wheel
  • Black headlining
  • Electric front lumbar support with horizontal and vertical adjustment
  • Electronic climate control (ECC)
  • Front sports seats
  • Head restraints for all seats
  • Height/reach adjustable steering column
  • Individual driver/passenger temperature controls
  • Isofix child seat preparation for front passenger/outer rear seats inc passenger airbag deactivation
  • Removable / retractable luggage cover
  • Split folding rear seat
  • Tool kit
  • Twin level luggage floor system
  • 3 point seatbelts on all seats
  • ABS/EBD
  • ASR
  • Dual stage Driver/Passenger Airbags
  • EDL traction control
  • ESP
  • Fasten seatbelt reminder
  • Front side airbags
  • Safety steering column
  • Seatbelt pretensioners
  • Side impact protection
  • SIDEGUARD airbag system
  • Warning triangle
  • Engine immobiliser
  • Locking wheel bolts
  • Remote central locking
  • Thatcham Cat.1 alarm
  • Sports suspension
  • Space saver spare wheel ( on mine this is a full size alloy to match the rest)
interior convience lighting option etc.
Full electric sport seats with electric lumbar and heating in black valcona leather and interior
Xenon plus headlights
Adaptive headlamps
headlamp wash
Rear side airbags
Acoustic parking aid - front & rear
Daytime running lights
Heated front seats
Full Bose sound system
Centre Armrest

Last edited:
Reactions: Baka
The one thing I do miss though is the growl of the V8 but there is always the 911 flat 6 which will always save the day!

Reactions: CraigRE
When I bought my car early this year I was obsessed with getting a s-line for the fact of the sporty look. In the end I ended up with a a SE as the s-lines were way over priced and under spec'd for my liking. My SE has

Bi-xenons plus adaptive and cornering function.
Front and rear parking sensors.
Auto wipers
Auto headlights
Coming home lights
Dimming rear view mirror
Cruise control
Double din cd changer HU
Heated seats
Folding rear seats
Bluetooth
Under dear storage
Arm rest
Factory phone prep
Full DIS
Front and rear Iso fix fittings
Rear arm rest with cup holders.
Rear blind

And it's Quattro.

Morning on the market at the time had the same spec.

well you better make sure you look after then dani, lots of tlc will be required for such rare beast....

Reactions: Dani_B19
Seems the sline...unless its been pimped out at the factory ..its just a name/image thing ...woah Sline! ... sounds great
But any spec could be added to any car i gues

But yes i automaticaly assumed slines were the crème da lad crème of the given selections

I
Seems the sline...unless its been pimped out at the factory ..its just a name/image thing ...woah Sline! ... sounds great

But yes i automaticaly assumed slines were the crème da lad crème of the given selections

I thought the same as you Craig, wasn't until I'd been and viewed a good few slines I realised it was just visual in the spec rather than equipment.

Next question then; what would the Audi exclusive sill protectors indicate, if anything?

S-line is just another mechandise branding exercise, I don't really like the wording to be honest , its like a lot of big European brands etc, just a flashy selling label but not much more to it, I've taken pretty well all of mine and when I get my s4 door blades back there will no s-line wording on view at all.

Audi exclusive sills: I've found the answer after downloading the B7 brochure. It was a £2600 (!!) option:

A4 exclusive line

• Two-tone Valcona leather, black seat-side sections with coloured seat-centre section in Crimson red, silver or Cognac brown
• Black dashboard and carpets
• Black cloth headlining
• Door-trim inserts in black to match interior trim
• Audi exclusive door sill trims
• Brushed Aluminium grey inlays
• Floor mats in black with coloured piping (to match seat-centre section)
• 3-spoke leather steering wheel
• Steering wheel rim, gear knob and gear lever gaiter with coloured stitching (to match seat-centre section)

sounds like mine then, but mine isn't two tone , just one color leather, all the rest is the same....

Mine are silver, although I suspect that's has worn away over the years and now they are more off-white. Pleased to see someone mention front ISOFIX in a post above. I've checked and it's there; I've been itching to give my 4 year old daughter a quick ride in the front of a car.

They look really cool though....

I kinda like the little sline badges
Wish it was a quatro now tho
Love it when you see people have a big quatro badge between their grill

One of things I liked about the D2 S8 I had was that it was very understated. No flashy spoilers, splitters, diffusers etc. simply a little S8 badge on the grille and nothing else to give away what a potent car it actually was.