Clacking noise under acceleration.

Dani_B19

Audi-sports own special child.
Reaction score
So took the Mrs out early for a walk to try and help move the baby down and towards the end of the journey I noticed a clacking sound, like the handle held toys that you spin the head round on and makes the clack clack noise constantly, well that's what the noise was like, would only happen on half throttle or more and would go after a few seconds, come off the throttle and back on it and so on.

Parked up and went for a walk, came back to the car and couldn't see anything to indicate what the noise was, set off and he noise was still there for the first mile but now it's gone, made a another stop at the shops and set back off and nothing.

Any ideas? Car drives fine, no stuttering, nothing running or hanging off that I can see etc.

have you had a look at your cv boot and joint dan ? mine was clicking and the boot had come off

Reactions: Dani_B19
Good shout mate, only did a quick look in the car parks today, I'll whip the wheel off tomorrow and look, the clacking noise could be the boot clip and the torque from the car been at full throttle could be causing it to hit out more.

Reactions: tony mc
have you had a look at your cv boot and joint dan ? mine was clicking and the boot had come off

Tony out of interest what symptoms did you get? Did you just use a large jubilee clip?

was making like a clicking noise and a kind of something stuck in the trye noise, lol.
yep, big jubilee just make sure it's not going to catch the abs wire if its been off a while the noise could be from a dry cv joint

Reactions: Dani_B19
Yes and no haha.

I looked under the car and the inner cv boots fine, went to go get the jack to take the wheels off to check the outer and then ended up spending the last 7 hours rearranging the shed and binning a lot of crap haha.

Couldn't write it, weather permitting I'm cleaning the car tomorrow tony so now there's no distractions the wheels are coming off haha.

lol, i do stuff like that all the time mate, the missus dose her nut when i say i'm only gonna be 5 mins and come back hours later,

Reactions: Dani_B19 and carlcall
7 hours to sort your shed out dani, what is it a tardis or something else way bigger on the inside than outside..lol

Reactions: tony mc
It's quite big mate, 8x10ft but I have a lot of tools and car cleaning products that were just chucked it, totally took everything out, cleaned everything down then assembled a 7 draw unit to help organise stuff and then I put it all back in, also chucked up a few wall fixings to hand and organise items haha.