S3 grill choice help

which grill?

• Black S3

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • RS3 also black

Votes: 6 100.0%

• Total voters
Reaction score
Hi guys it's been a while since I have been on here as I moved from a3 to TT... Then after a few more I recently bought a facelift S3.
After always coming on here has made me want to start modifying firstly the grill.
So choices are...

Black S3 grill (standard looking)
RS3 grill (looks modified?)

I like the idea of RS3 grill but not sure if it's a bit lame it as my car is an S3!
Help please

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 146
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    404.6 KB · Views: 137
Rs3 grill is very popular on any Audi! It's popular for a reason though, I love the look of it, really changes the front end all together, made my car look a lot newer than it is too, great little mod, try and get a genuine one as the replica for the prefacelift I have isn't anywhere near as nice as the one above

Reactions: kettle
That is a good point about it making it look newer!
After doing some research most seem to use xenon replica grill which is in the pic above. Are these not a good fit?

The one on the pic looks great to be honest mate, the one on my car is okay too but I hate the holder that holds the Audi emblem, it's crap and plasticy and sticks out from the grill quite a lot, the one on the picture looks like a good quality grill

The one on the pic looks great to be honest mate, the one on my car is okay too but I hate the holder that holds the Audi emblem, it's **** and plasticy and sticks out from the grill quite a lot, the one on the picture looks like a good quality grill
You have a replica rs3 grill for a pre facelift S3????

Have a look at my picture mate, it's an a3 but it's the same grill as s3!
If it's a standard A3 then its not the same grill as a pre facelift S3 , wasn't till the facelift s3/a3 that they started using the same size grill across the range

If it's a standard A3 then its not the same grill as a pre facelift S3 , wasn't till the facelift s3/a3 that they started using the same size grill across the range

Sorry mate, did I get you a little excited for something that didn't exist yeah mines only an sline

Sorry mate, did I get you a little excited for something that didn't exist yeah mines only an sline
Lol na I know they don't exist ,
There is a way you can do it there is a thread somewhere envolves spaying or wrapping your surround and I think it's an rs6 grill you butcher to fit into the surround I shall be attempting it sometime this summer

That's a ball ache isn't it, wonder why no company has ever made one for the s3? I wasn't aware it had a different grill than mine! Nice little project for the summer days with a beer playing cars, honestly can't wait for it

That's a ball ache isn't it, wonder why no company has ever made one for the s3? I wasn't aware it had a different grill than mine! Nice little project for the summer days with a beer playing cars, honestly can't wait for it
I imagine it's because it's quite a ltd market for cad set up costs etc there isn't that many pre face lift s3's to start with and then how many people would actually order one ? Hundred maybe ?

Thought this through haven't you mate! Yeah it probably wouldn't outweigh the costs, but realistically how different is it to the standard a3 grill? Massively?

my 0.02...OEM RS3 grill and plate holder. fog surrounds need gloss paint too. if you are drill averse then get the xenonz as you need an air inlet drilled for the OEM

I recommend going for the RS3 grill. When I was doing my conversion I was stuck between the two and am happy i went for the honeycomb design . It really stands out and I have never seen it on another A3 on the roads since I changed it .

The S3 actually has a honeycomb design in the fog grills already so it matches quite well without the RS3 bumper .

I would also recommend spraying the splitter and fog grills gloss black as this makes them stand out .

11057415e5e7a228f19cc4bf5ca69f0e.jpg

I recommend going for the RS3 grill. When I was doing my conversion I was stuck between the two and am happy i went for the honeycomb design . It really stands out and I have never seen it on another A3 on the roads since I changed it .

The S3 actually has a honeycomb design in the fog grills already so it matches quite well without the RS3 bumper .

I would also recommend spraying the splitter and fog grills gloss black as this makes them stand out .

11057415e5e7a228f19cc4bf5ca69f0e.jpg

ummm... I am personally offended by how close you park your whip to the curb:whip::whip::whip::whip:

Reactions: Arjuanamo and Cambaines