Facelift THE NEW AUDI A3 (2016 FACELIFT) – STILL AHEAD OF THE CURVE

S3 STILL under maintenance? *sigh*... haha

Reactions: Jassyo06 and Lapapps
I contacted my dealer to see if he knew anything more about the S3 pricing and specification guide. He just told me that Audi wont commit to a date so he has no idea. He said it should definitely be this month though.

I have just noticed that the S3 details page on the Audi website has been updated to the face lift with the standard spec so at least there's that.
https://www.audi.co.uk/new-cars/a3/s3.html

Just no configurator yet.:disappointed:

I'm not too fuss about not seeing the Audi Virtual Cockpit. However £325 to get the S-Line suspension is annoying although I've only test driven an A3 with Sport suspension (S Line suspension are not common on demonstrator vehicle it seems).
Also what really does the Tech Pack £995 bring? Connect I don't care. My phone does the same and more... I assume Apple Carplay and Android Auto are part of the standard infotainment stuff. How many USB ports? SD cards slots? with standard. CD? DVD? If I can skip this Tech Pack that'll be great! :)

I take it the black styling pack is no longer available then? Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I take it the black styling pack is no longer available then? Lol

Seemed quite popular so would be a strange decision for them to make... maybe a mistake?

Reactions: Jassyo06
If it is, then it's a bit of a pain cause they only colour i like without black styling is sepang, and that's not a option anymore. I was going to pick glacier with black styling....
Seemed quite popular so would be a strange decision for them to make... maybe a mistake?

Reactions: batch
Someone here mentioned the SIM and Audi Connect... seems that the 'embedded SIM' is actually part of the standard equipment on an S-Line, and definitely standard and included with tech pack?

"Convenient high-speed 4G internet access in your car via an embedded SIM card with no data charge."

Would be nice if that's the case. I think I read that it used to require a SIM, but on the new one it is an embedded internal SIM like BMW use

If it is, then it's a bit of a pain cause they only colour i like without black styling is sepang, and that's not a option anymore. I was going to pick glacier with black styling....

Ahh I wanted sepang too! Haha. Navarra looks nice though!

Could always get the parts sprayed? I asked a company and they said they recommend spraying as wrapping is too awkward on those small parts

PFL Optional equipment that's now standard on the facelift S3;

LED headlights - previously £795
Light & Rain sensor package - previously £150
Interior Light Package - previously £170
Audi sound system - Previously £255
Cruise Control - Previously £225

TOTAL - £1595

Reactions: Rob2k68 and Lapapps
What's the S start / stop button that's standard?
Exactly way at it says on the tin I'm guessing. A button, and little else. Advanced key still an option in the iOS config app so it's probably not standard. (At least I hope it's not standard, those systems seem to be about as secure as a hymen in an inner city comprehensive)

PFL Optional equipment that's now standard on the facelift S3;

LED headlights - previously £795
Light & Rain sensor package - previously £150
Interior Light Package - previously £170
Audi sound system - Previously £255
Cruise Control - Previously £225

TOTAL - £1595
Ah but the PFL...LED headlights where unique to the car,and are probably superior to the new ones,they giveth you something in one hand and taketh away in the other...its still megabucks full stop,l was considering getting a new face lifted car,not now them new headlights are ****** ugly,as l said a good few pages back on this THREAD....Only the expensive new options are new and the rest of the car is virtually the same,thats coming from a existing owner ....the only plus point l see is the S3 has now got a 7 speed dsg box....of which really needed for motorway cruising

Reactions: Rob2k68
Exactly way at it says on the tin I'm guessing. A button, and little else. Advanced key still an option in the iOS config app so it's probably not standard. (At least I hope it's not standard, those systems seem to be about as secure as a hymen in an inner city comprehensive)

Maybe just the button to turn the stop/start system off

Agree with you on the advanced key, hopefully not standard.

Loving the new car though it really looks more modern with the slight updates to the lights and other exterior bits. I just hope they have the black styling pack as that is a must for me!!
That 7inch screen will improve the graphics and 3D maps will looks awesome!

Loving the new car though it really looks more modern with the slight updates to the lights and other exterior bits. I just hope they have the black styling pack as that is a must for me!!
That 7inch screen will improve the graphics and 3D maps will looks awesome!

Looking on the iPhone configure, it's missing half the colours atm, like there's blank spaces between the colours, so hopefully black optics is missing as well, and will be added later.
Also I noticed the air vents have red around them now?

Off on another tangent,you guys that are either going to order a new car, whether it be a S-LINE/S3 or any other model designation,it will be interesting to hear what amount of discount your going to be given for this model over the next few months?

Ah but the PFL...LED headlights where unique to the car,and are probably superior to the new ones,they giveth you something in one hand and taketh away in the other...its still megabucks full stop,l was considering getting a new face lifted car,not now them new headlights are ****** ugly,as l said a good few pages back on this THREAD....Only the expensive new options are new and the rest of the car is virtually the same,thats coming from a existing owner ....the only plus point l see is the S3 has now got a 7 speed dsg box....of which really needed for motorway cruising

Were they unique to the S3? The e-tron definitely had them, or do you mean unique to the A3 in the market sector? I've not looked to be honest, but LED headlights are everywhere now. When they're standard on a Vauxhall Astra, or even on the new MX5, then in marketing terms discharge lighting systems have had their day and LED is most certainly "on trend". Shame, I remember when trends in car marketing brought us turbo everything and followed it up with some very exciting 16 valve overhead twin cam engines (exciting for the time, this was in an era when fords pre-historic cross flow still powered most of the cars they sold). Now, it's a case of never mind the oily bits, the buying public wants the right kind of ****** lightbulbs and a gearbox that goes all the way up to eleven.

I doubt the old LED headlights are superior in performance terms, the solid state components alone have seen vast improvements in colour range and output in the last couple of years, at least a few of which will be in the new lights. But I agree absolutely, the old ones certainly looked better from an aesthetic point of view. These new ones are howlers, and undoubtedly one of the worst aspects of the car (assuming you're not counting the loss of Lunar silver leather, which I am)

Things like Cruise Control, ***, and light & rain sensors should never have been optional equipment at all on a car at this price point, which shows just how much customer expectations have changed.

Reactions: Rob2k68, Simon L and Jassyo06
Off on another tangent,you guys that are either going to order a new car, whether it be a S-LINE/S3 or any other model designation,it will be interesting to hear what amount of discount your going to be given for this model over the next few months?

Given I ordered that car in February and the dealer forgot to put the now extinct Lunar Silver leather in it, I'm going for an amount of discount that would be considered somewhere between "quite a lot" and "indecent". According to the Audi docs we've seen published here though, people in my shoes have the fall back of price protection, so I shouldn't have to fight to hard for it.

Reactions: Rob2k68, batch and Jassyo06
Were they unique to the S3? The e-tron definitely had them, or do you mean unique to the A3 in the market sector? I've not looked to be honest, but LED headlights are everywhere now. When they're standard on a Vauxhall Astra, or even on the new MX5, then in marketing terms discharge lighting systems have had their day and LED is most certainly "on trend". Shame, I remember when trends in car marketing brought us turbo everything and followed it up with some very exciting 16 valve overhead twin cam engines (exciting for the time, this was in an era when fords pre-historic cross flow still powered most of the cars they sold). Now, it's a case of never mind the oily bits, the buying public wants the right kind of ****** lightbulbs and a gearbox that goes all the way up to eleven.

I doubt the old LED headlights are superior in performance terms, the solid state components alone have seen vast improvements in colour range and output in the last couple of years, at least a few of which will be in the new lights. But I agree absolutely, the old ones certainly looked better from an aesthetic point of view. These new ones are howlers, and undoubtedly one of the worst aspects of the car (assuming you're not counting the loss of Lunar silver leather, which I am)

Things like Cruise Control, ***, and light & rain sensors should never have been optional equipment at all on a car at this price point, which shows just how much customer expectations have changed.

Well said J R R Tolkien...LOL..in all seriousness...Audi do this throughout there entire car range....the A3/S3...its all the same mate...options are options,the only led headlights that are superior to xenons are the optional Matrix ones...and cost megabucks,and led headlights aint standard on the new VX astra,as me next door neighbour has foolishly just got a new sport variant with halogen lights mate

Reactions: Rob2k68, Simon L and GSB
As I said earlier in this thread, May 9th is the official UK order book opening date and they are obviously still working on the configurator to get it ready, I wouldn't panic just yet if you don't see what you are looking for.

Given I ordered that car in February and the dealer forgot to put the now extinct Lunar Silver leather in it, I'm going for an amount of discount that would be considered somewhere between "quite a lot" and "indecent". According to the Audi docs we've seen published here though, people in my shoes have the fall back of price protection, so I shouldn't have to fight to hard for it.

Good luck with that one,onlyOnly option left is Rotor Grey SS seats at a premium...Why not ask them to give ye them for free mate as a discount??

Reactions: Rob2k68 and GSB
Looking on the iPhone configure, it's missing half the colours atm, like there's blank spaces between the colours, so hopefully black optics is missing as well, and will be added later.
Also I noticed the air vents have red around them now?

Yeah I like them vents just had a look now

Reactions: Jassyo06
As I said earlier in this thread, May 9th is the official UK order book opening date and they are obviously still working on the configurator to get it ready, I wouldn't panic just yet if you don't see what you are looking for.
Quite, some it seems have lost the plot perhaps expecting too much too soon. After all it is only the first day and nothing official other than the always buggy configurator has been released..

Quite, some it seems have lost the plot perhaps expecting too much too soon. After all it is only the first day and nothing official other than the always buggy configurator has been released..

Yeah but all the standard options/details have have been laid out,its only certain expensive options that have been missed...go figure,ye have gotta open yer eyes to the bigger picture mate....and keep yer nose from stopping goin upwards,its only a frickin Audi...***

Last edited:
Reactions: Rob2k68, Simon L and pburv
Is there an option to get the old headlights back :tearsofjoy:

35byw5u.jpg

TX.

Reactions: Rob2k68, pburv, Simon L and 1 other person
Well said J R R Tolkien...LOL..

:blush:
Yes. I think I lack your particular talent for brevity Jassy!.. Why use one word when the Oxford dictionary contains so many?

Reactions: Rob2k68, pburv, Simon L and 1 other person
I've just been looking at the spec list and I'm glad to see that the Sport still gets a round steering wheel.

Black styling pack still avialable in the Netherlands:

What's all this hysteria about BSP? There ain't a cat in hells chance of Audi dropping BSP, it's a cost option for a start and way more popular than 70's Sweeney chrome..............reserved for ol fartys like me........:whistle2:

Reactions: Rob2k68, Max-Robbo, batch and 2 others
Black styling pack may appear?? Fingers crossed

Reactions: Lapapps
The S3 configurator is on the iPhone app ... No black styling pack tho

Reactions: azibux1 and Rob2k68
For SLine bit disappointing. No new wheels, no matrix, just a few extra options included in the inflated price.

Rear parking sensors still an extra?

Can't tell if the LED have the dynamic front, there is no option for this.

TT or new A5 next I think.

For SLine bit disappointing. No new wheels, no matrix, just a few extra options included in the inflated price.

Rear parking sensors still an extra?

Can't tell if the LED have the dynamic front, there is no option for this.

TT or new A5 next I think.
Only matrix headlights have the cascading front led indicators

Reactions: Rob2k68 and pburv
Only matrix headlights have the cascading front led indicators
So paying maybe 800 quid for 'flashy' indicators?

Just to look like knight rider

Reactions: Max-Robbo
So paying maybe 800 quid for 'flashy' indicators?

Just to look like knight rider
Not exactly matrix lights are far more advanced than standard led headlights,they use a active full beam system that's monitoring the road/traffic/on coming traffic it works in conjunction with Technology package,so it knows the road ahead and illuminates accordingly clever stuff

Reactions: Simon L, azibux1, Rob2k68 and 1 other person