B7 S4 Completely Dead

K44WMY

Reaction score
Hi everybody. New to this forum and looking forward to many fun years of driving my Audi S4.

Im a proud owner of a 2006 Audi s4, that v8 mmmmmm sounds lush, especially with a powerflow exhaust. Problem is i cant get to hear that at the moment :disappointed:. Tonight i went to go for a drive, using the fob the car unlocked okay, put the key in and turned....NOTHING. completely dead, no noises, no lights, no dash messages. The car wouldnt even lock or unlock with the fob. no interior lights when i open door.
I Have a hunch it is the battery , but i do not want to go wasting £120 on a new battery when it might not be that.
Any help would be appreciated.
Kammy

went and got a voltage test done. guy said his machine basically telling him their is something constantly on thats draining the power, somwthing in the lights. apart from that the little receipt says good, recharge

Halfrauds , lol .

I would never call them anything else!

Also just had a look out of curiosity and searched for a battery for my 170 diesel.....£119 and that's for a standard Halfrauds acid battery upto £179 for a Yuasa Lifetime.

Oh and as I own an Avant it's dearer than that for a saloon or cabrio.

This is the best bit.....Professionally Fitted

2016 04 10 14 38 50

went and got a voltage test done. guy said his machine basically telling him their is something constantly on thats draining the power, somwthing in the lights. apart from that the little receipt says good, recharge

Hmm could be anything really.

How long does it take to drain the life out of the battery before it becomes unusable?

And is he certain it's from the lights?

And welcome to the forum!

Last edited:
Hmm could be anything really.

How long does it take to drain the life out of the battery before it becomes unusable?

And is he certain it's from the lights?

And welcome to the forum!

Thank you very much for welcoming me. hopefully i shall enjoy my v8 experience.
how could i determine what it is? vag com cable?

Yep vagcom (vcds) should have any electrical faults flagged. There's no non-Audi bits fitted anywhere?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep vagcom (vcds) should have any electrical faults flagged. There's no non-Audi bits fitted anywhere?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
aftermarket pioneer headunit and aftermarket hid lights ( all previous owner) powerflow custom exhaust

I'd probably go the old school route and use an ammeter, ideally a clamp one if you can borrow one. Basically hook it around one of the battery cables, set it on DC amps and see what the current draw is then start pulling fuses one at a time until you find the circuit that when you pull the fuse the current draw disappears. Depending on what fuse(circuit) it is I would then start disconnecting things one at a time to narrow it down even further until you find the problem.

Reactions: Stue pot
ok
I'd probably go the old school route and use an ammeter, ideally a clamp one if you can borrow one. Basically hook it around one of the battery cables, set it on DC amps and see what the current draw is then start pulling fuses one at a time until you find the circuit that when you pull the fuse the current draw disappears. Depending on what fuse(circuit) it is I would then start disconnecting things one at a time to narrow it down even further until you find the problem.
np will try and see if i can get hold of one

bit off topic where is factory amp situated? my car has bose system