Imola Yellow S3

Last of the bits here now, car goes in tomorrow bit exited

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 204
You'll enjoy the results.

Just be prepared for the TC and the new diff to fight a bit on wet or greasy roads.
There may be no problem but I found it was better with the TC off,to avoid occasional massive understeer.

You'll enjoy the results.

Just be prepared for the TC and the new diff to fight a bit on wet or greasy roads.
There may be no problem but I found it was better with the TC off,to avoid occasional massive understeer.
Cheers for the insight Alex I think I remember you saying about it on your thread, so not as bad in the dry then? Still can't decide on what route to go down next just going to enjoy it for the moment

Reactions: S3Alex
Cheers for the insight Alex I think I remember you saying about it on your thread, so not as bad in the dry then? Still can't decide on what route to go down next just going to enjoy it for the moment

I think it's to do with the way that Audi's TC works by applying braking to the wheel that's slipping and that interacting with the way the diff works.

Either way now that I have different software and ECU the problem seems much improved.

Reactions: S.
Just enjoy it for a bit drive it and work out where you need to work on be it traction suspension power

Amd just rang one bolt on the flywheel has been drilled and tapped on an angle so the bolt won't go in :blue:

That's annoying did they offer a solution?
Waiting to hear back from spec but still 1-2 weeks for a new flywheel, just said do what you can if the bolt snaps or won't go in will have to be a new one. Also needed new diff bearings they said

Reactions: Smirky
Waiting to hear back from spec but still 1-2 weeks for a new flywheel, just said do what you can if the bolt snaps or won't go in will have to be a new one. Also needed new diff bearings they said
First problem I've heard of from spec
Dunno if amd will bodge it ? But if there reccomending new bearings I'd def do it

First problem I've heard of from spec
Dunno if amd will bodge it ? But if there reccomending new bearings I'd def do it
They've said its fitted now not sure if they weren't doing something right ect, the bearings should be in tomorrow now so looking good

They've said its fitted now not sure if they weren't doing something right ect, the bearings should be in tomorrow now so looking good

Can't imagine they were doing anything wrong,as they've fitted a few of these now,and mine was the first.

There was a problem with the plate on mine,where Spec had fitted the wrong splines,but airmailed a replacement quickly enough.
I put that down to one of those things as the rest of the kit was fine aside from the wrong ARP bolts which were easily sourced.

Can't imagine they were doing anything wrong,as they've fitted a few of these now,and mine was the first.

There was a problem with the plate on mine,where Spec had fitted the wrong splines,but airmailed a replacement quickly enough.
I put that down to one of those things as the rest of the kit was fine aside from the wrong ARP bolts which were easily sourced.
Yeah I didn't really doubt them as they've done the same before so just glad it's sorted now really

Good mate glad it's sorted ,
Did you go for a box oil change while it's out ?

Good mate glad it's sorted ,
Did you go for a box oil change while it's out ?
Yeah, AMD ordered the oil. Hopefully all goes to plan and il have her back tomorrow. Looking at buying a rupes polisher at the moment

Reactions: S3Alex
Yeah, AMD ordered the oil. Hopefully all goes to plan and il have her back tomorrow. Looking at buying a rupes polisher at the moment
Worth doing while it's out and hopefully the slighter thicker oil will offer a bit more protection for the box ,
Your love the clutch fella

Worth doing while it's out and hopefully the slighter thicker oil will offer a bit more protection for the box ,
Your love the clutch fella
Got the car back this afternoon, the clutch is awesome and the haldex and lsd really change the handling so much, the added camber at the rear has stopped the rubbing at the back thanks Alex. Just enjoying an evening out driving tonight

Reactions: S. and Smirky
Got the car back this afternoon, the clutch is awesome and the haldex and lsd really change the handling so much, the added camber at the rear has stopped the rubbing at the back thanks Alex. Just enjoying an evening out driving tonight
Nice fella glad it all came together should be a proper weapon you have on your hands

Nice fella glad it all came together should be a proper weapon you have on your hands
It really is, so planted through the corners now. Definitely no upgrades for a while now haha

Got the garage to myself today so time for a polish and going to chipex a few stone chips

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    859.3 KB · Views: 182
Coolant light came on today not sure where it's been lost from though