Change xenon beam pattern for European driving?

thewanted

Reaction score
Hey all,

My car is at Audi at the moment so I can't check the manual, but does anyone know how to change the beam pattern for European driving?

There are no settings for it in the MMI, and I'm not sure if the headlights themselves have a lever. This thread suggests that it can be done via VCDS, but since I don't have a VCDS cable, it's not really an option.

Cheers :)

Nobody's driven their S1 in Europe yet? I find that difficult to believe :p

Yeah, i have. Went to Belgium and Holland last june, but as it was the summer and had no plans on driving at night, i didn't worry about it. Had a roll of black tape, just in case. :blink:

Yeah, i have. Went to Belgium and Holland last june, but as it was the summer and had no plans on driving at night, i didn't worry about it. Had a roll of black tape, just in case. :blink:

After reading a thread on the Q3 owners forum, I'm starting to think that they don't need to be adjusted because the beam is almost flat.

I won't get my car back for another week, so I can't check the manual :(

If it's like my A6, it's a simple VCDS adjustment - then on your return, you readjust them back to the UK spec

Needing to purchase a £200 cable to solve a problem which shouldn't exist can be described as anything but "simple" :(

Reactions: thewanted
No problem dude, we'll get your headlights pointing in the wrong direction in no time :)

Sent from a mobile device, please forgive typos :)

Reactions: thewanted