GET WELL SOON - LIST

45bvtc

The Older I Get The Better I Was
Supporter
Gold Supporter
Reaction score
Ok, I'm gonna be heading to hospitalisation soon (prostate - out) but Scottyg is having surgery today for a different issue and I'm sure we'd all like to wish him a hasty recovery

The bad news is that Scottyg's surgery means a period of nooooo driving, as mine will, and that's almost as bad as the surgery... :sadlike:

Reactions: Jake 61, Nilz, jojo and 1 other person
@Scottyg Hope everything went well today.
@45bvtc You will bounce back John. We can organise for Bluey to be taken on regular runs for you, lol
@Daveotto Hope your well on road to recovery and driving again.

Reactions: Daveotto, 45bvtc and Ghost
Hope all goes well John. As Sandra says above if you want Bluey taking on a run out I can do that for you :) .
If there's anything you need doing let me know.

Reactions: 45bvtc, Sandra and Ghost
Get well soon gents

Reactions: Daveotto, 45bvtc and Sandra
Hope all goes / is going well guys

Get well soon

Reactions: Daveotto, 45bvtc and Sandra
Here we go; such thoughtfulness, who'd have expected such kindness: "We can organise for Bluey to be taken on regular runs for you, lol" and "As Sandra says above if you want Bluey taking on a run out I can do that for you": such selfless generosity leaves me humbled yet again guys, thank you sooooo much... :wub:

Sincerely, thank you but I'm sure there's other guys and gals (one in particular) out there who'll appreciate a "get well soon" message and that's my reason for this thread.

As for my own problem: I would implore all males at whatever age to become prostate aware, seriously!

I myself am fortunate as I asked the question and was diagnosed with the cancer remaining contained within the prostate so the prospects for me are good - and hopefully I WILL be able to exercise BLUEY and Co., 8-weeks post operation... :hi:

Reactions: Nilz, jojo, jdp1962 and 5 others
I'm out the other side. Surgery went well, although feeling very rough now and in some discomfort. Hopefully this will subside over the next few days. Thanks John and Sandra for you lovely messages and to the rest of ASN for your kind words. Hopefully home on Friday. :friends:

Reactions: jojo, 45bvtc, jdp1962 and 3 others
I'm out the other side. Surgery went well, although feeling very rough now and in some discomfort. Hopefully this will subside over the next few days. Thanks John and Sandra for you lovely messages and to the rest of ASN for your kind words. Hopefully home on Friday. :friends:
Good to hear your Ok Scott. Hopefully you feel a lot better after a good nights sleep. :) x x

Reactions: 45bvtc and Scottyg
Thanks for the good wishes, recovery gone very well, operation was 6 weeks ago today, consultant discharged me last week and physio session yesterday was the last with almost full flexibility of the knee to 120 degrees . Overall its estimated wound heeling about 4 weeks ahead of the average.

Most important been driving for 2.5 weeks and driven over 1000 miles and spent 2 hours cleaning the car at the weekend

Pic was from yesterday, can post a more gruesome pic from 2 days post op for comparison if anyone wants to see it!!!!

Reactions: jojo, 45bvtc, Bristle Hound and 2 others
View attachment 87905 Thanks for the good wishes, recovery gone very well, operation was 6 weeks ago today, consultant discharged me last week and physio session yesterday was the last with almost full flexibility of the knee to 120 degrees . Overall its estimated wound heeling about 4 weeks ahead of the average.

Most important been driving for 2.5 weeks and driven over 1000 miles and spent 2 hours cleaning the car at the weekend

Pic was from yesterday, can post a more gruesome pic from 2 days post op for comparison if anyone wants to see it!!!!
Good to hear you doing well Dave. That's a tidy job they have done on your knee. :) x

Reactions: 45bvtc, Scottyg and Daveotto
Good to hear you doing well Dave. That's a tidy job they have done on your knee. :) x

Just need one of these pairs of jeans with holes in the knees to show the scar off before it completely fades :)

Reactions: Scottyg and Sandra
Ouch Scott. ;) xx

Reactions: 45bvtc
45bvtc I had some of my prostate removed about five years ago, any questions ask away

Thanks joinerman
JC_ThankYou_zps7b0cb81f.gif
Must say I've every confidence in the lady consultant I have and am sure the "Da Vinci robotic radical prostatectomy" I'm going to be having will be 100% successful; I just want this swollen little ****** out... :superman:

My wife, RS3copilot, had colon cancer successfully treated (removed) some 15-months ago (we've decided now to share the cancer out between us) and post operation chose not to have the chemo-therapy and the side-effects it caused her (not everyone is the same, of course) so as with your offer to me for advice then we'd extend that to any others undergoing similar treatments: and she's now 100% cancer free...:yahoo:

Oh, and Scott's already out of bed and walking, doing the stairs even, how cool is that! Good old NHS... :salute:

Reactions: Scottyg
Hope you guys are all ok.

Good luck @45bvtc

@Scottyg - looks like you are recovering well :)

Reactions: Scottyg and 45bvtc
Get well soon Gents, I agree with the get it checked comment, I will be visiting the local for some investigations early next month.
It's that funny age time where you shouldn't fear the finger....!

:scared2:

Reactions: Scottyg, 45bvtc and Sandra
Get well soon Gents, I agree with the get it checked comment, I will be visiting the local for some investigations early next month.
It's that funny age time where you shouldn't fear the finger....!

:scared2:

But seriously you boys and with a degree of humour: I stayed away from my GP for some 20-years but having shingles return late last year I just had to make the visit; once he'd done his stuff: blood pressure and cholesterol I raised the "I can no longer pee up the wall like I used to Doc" and he 'checked' me out and sure enough my prostate instead of being walnut size was/is Satsuma size and he puts me onto prostate reducing tablets, yeah, right...

Maybe I should get it checked, Doc; and sure enough after another examination followed by an MRI scan and then a biopsy the issue was well and truly found and the resolution decided there and then.

The only negative in all of this is that had I stayed with the prostate reducing tablets (Tamsulosin) that indeed improved my 'flow' and resolved my urgencies 'to go' I'd most likely NOT have requested 'specifically' my check-up with my local Urology Department.

So good luck with your check-up Jake; try and get a female Advanced Nurse Practitioner and Consultant Urologist with 'small' hands... :readit:

Reactions: Ghost, Jake 61, Scottyg and 1 other person
All the best guys! I'm layed up at the moment as well but not as bad as you guys! Get better soon!

Sandra needs to don the ASN Nurses outfit to care for you lot

Reactions: Ghost, Jake 61, Sandra and 2 others
Not the prostate for me @45bvtc, I have a lump that I found during a recent self exam.
The doctor who checked my prostate was very good and explained everything. Thankfully, all was well on that occasion.
Best advice I can give to the younger team is this, DON'T DIE OF EMBARRASSMENT.
Speak up when things are not as they should be and get yourselves to the doc.
Keeping quiet about these sensitive issues is absolutely not the best way forward.

Reactions: 45bvtc and Ghost
Wasn't my intention to spell anything out here Jake but 18-months ago cancer was something that happened to others and then it visited us so if my explanation above and yours too helps one other person then it's a post worth making and as you so eloquently put it "don't die of embarrassment"

That said and BACK to subject I wonder how Scottyg's doing' today and no I don't want to see the scar thank you... :sadlike:

Reactions: Jake 61
Wasn't my intention to spell anything out here Jake but 18-months ago cancer was something that happened to others and then it visited us so if my explanation above and yours too helps one other person then it's a post worth making and as you so eloquently put it "don't die of embarrassment"

That said and BACK to subject I wonder how Scottyg's doing' today and no I don't want to see the scar thank you... :sadlike:

Apologies, John. I don't normally beat the Health & Safety drum on here, but I had to watch my Father die because he didn't want to go to the doctor about bowel cancer. I agree, if this thread helps anyone else make the right decision, then it's well worth it.

Lets all have a happy Friday and a nice weekend. (And I also hope Scottyg is doing well).

:yes:

Last edited:
Reactions: 45bvtc and Sandra
Apologies, John. I don't normally beat the Health & Safety drum on here, but I had to watch my Father die because he didn't want to go to the doctor about bowel cancer. I agree, if this thread helps anyone else make the right decision, then it's well worth it.

Lets all have a happy Friday and a nice weekend. (And I also hope Scottyg is doing well).

:yes:

Not needed or expected Jake (and sorry for your loss and experience) as Sandra well knows for me it's getting the +TVE message across to others here that you so eloquently put; that said where's Scottyg, hopefully up and down them stairs...

Reactions: Jake 61
Hope you're all on the road to recovery now! I haven't even been registered to a GP for the past 4 years, need to go and sort that out. (thankfully haven't had any cause to go for quite a long time so keep letting it slip through the net)

@Scottyg Hope your feeling much better Scott and hopefully you got home today. :) x

Hi Sandra, unfortunately I'm still in hospital. Still in a lot of pain at the front op site. Back feels good but moving is a very painful task. Hopefully out tomorrow.
Thanks for asking.

Scott

Hi Sandra, unfortunately I'm still in hospital. Still in a lot of pain at the front op site. Back feels good but moving is a very painful task. Hopefully out tomorrow.
Thanks for asking.

Scott
Sorry to hear your still in hospital, it is best place for you to be till your in less pain. Hopefully you can go home tomorrow, but if not Monday. Keep smiling Scott. ;) xx

P.S I am still going to beat your team in F1, lol.

Reactions: 45bvtc and Scottyg
Thanks Sandra. Still trying to get it into my impatient mind that my last two spinal ops were a lot smaller than this one. It'll get better, just a lot slower than before. :friends:

Hope you're all on the road to recovery now! I haven't even been registered to a GP for the past 4 years, need to go and sort that out. (thankfully haven't had any cause to go for quite a long time so keep letting it slip through the net)

If this thread has persuaded just one ASN member to be mindful of potential heath issues then all of us here have done a good job; hope all's well for you Lavis89

Reactions: Jake 61 and Scottyg
@Sandra my F1 team will be down the swany tomorrow. Hamilton has screwed that one, or his car has!

Good your up to posting, Scott: however, Driver statements now refer the "The Team", and the 'The Team error' was having Hamilton and Rosberg sitting in the garage and missing Practice 3

I didn't know about the current Mercedes practice to change power units after Practice 2 for the 'race' unit and use Practice 3 to 'shake-down' that unit/installation; shame they failed to do that in Shanghai

Still a race for Hamilton to win mind, don't give up on him yet, lots can and often do happen along the way...
Cartoon_car_2.gif

Good news Scott, hope you've the F1 race recorded and will be able to enjoy the coverage; 30-minutes from now and I'll be watching the WEC 6-hours from Silverstone; managed to transplant some lettuce between the two races - well it is a nice day here in Staffordshire

Take care Scott, hope your spinal issues are now well and truly sorted
waving.gif

I'll catch the highlights, John. Interesting race by all accounts. About to watch the Old Firm game before I go home. You normally look forward to going home from a hospital to get a good nights kip. I slept from 11pm-7.30am last night. I probably get less sleep at home. :wtf:

Reactions: Sandra