What's out of place here ?

A very, VERY late registered pre-facelift!

Chassis number is MY2008, registered on 1st Jan 2010.

That's the first time I've seen something like that , could you imagine buying it thinking you where getting a facelift but then you realise you've bought a preface lift

All the visual clues would tell anyone it's a prefacelift, exterior/interior etc even the engine code.

You get the odd late reg'd car, I've seen a few 4F A6's for example.

Also looks like it has the earlier rns-e unit with lcd screen and not the mk2 unit with led screen. mk2 has a media button and not cd/tv button. The mk1 with only accept up to 4gb sd cards unlike the mk2 that will take up to 32gb cards.

I've just plumbed it into ETKA and it was actually built 16/07/2007....but Experian tells me it wasn't registered until 01/01/10.

So it was sat for 3.5 years which makes it a bit of an oddball one but seems legit. Perhaps it was sat on display somewhere.

Edit**

Saying that though the vehicle details aren't recognised in any of our other systems...which isn't normal - only Experian and the chassis works in ETKA...It had a private plate once, but now that sits on a fiesta.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've just plumbed it into ETKA and it was actually built 16/07/2007....but Experian tells me it wasn't registered until 01/01/10.

So it was sat for 3.5 years which makes it a bit of an oddball one but seems legit. Perhaps it was sat on display somewhere.

Edit**

Saying that though the vehicle details aren't recognised in any of our other systems...which isn't normal - only Experian and the chassis works in ETKA...It had a private plate once, but now that sits on a fiesta.

You're on the Dark Web again Mike. OOoooooo the power!

Reactions: mjr901
there's a standard one not far from me can't remember if its a sport or s-line, 05-08 model, 09 registration

It does happen, I remember seeing a 2005 registered Vauxhall omega, 99-03 model :) police-owned, they had several 04 and 54 anyway

there was even a handful of Mercedes E-class W124s (1984-1996) registered 2000 X Reg