Blue smoke!!!

Bassjunkie07

Reaction score
Hi hoping to find some help. I've recently bought an Audi S3 8L with a blown turbo, I sent the turbo off to be repaired by beach buggy turbos fitted it today I am very cautious about driving it hard until it is mapped properly. Today I was driving it hit about 3500rpm and pop blue smoke out of the exhaust and suddenly sounds like a steam engine pop pop pop down the road any ideas or info would be greatly appreciated

Turbo boost pipe blown off or leaking, turbo seals may have been faulty or badly fitted and blown, crank case breather problem maybe hockey puck valve fault. It does sound turbo related though, it's not unknown for rebuilt or even brand new turbos to just give up.

Reactions: Bassjunkie07
Blowing blue all the time? Pull the throttle body hose and check for oil, also see if anys coming out the exhaust.

Reactions: Bassjunkie07
Hi thanks for the replys it was late when it happened last night I'm going to have a better look this evening. Yea it's blowing out blue smoke constantly from the exhaust. The car has been through a few hands over the years and the pipe work was a nightmare had to be pulled off and plumbed

Had my mechanic out at the car and it seems to have a burnt valve looks like I'm looking at a fairly hefty bill