Must Have Products to Detail New Car

ScottishA4B9

Reaction score
As title suggests, what products do people recommend for me to detail my new car when I pick it up in June?

Many thanks in advance.

@ScottishS3 - Everyone has different fave's as to Detailing product as you know. So it may be a difficult question me thinks :D
What colour is your new B9 A4 going to be?

Reactions: Keef
A hose is always a good place to start.. Haha

Reactions: ScottishA4B9
I was in a similar postion nearly 2 years ago! All this detailing was (and still is) very new to me....
My advice, stopping reading these post or prepare to have deep pockets.
And never listen to @Bristle Hound, he'll cost you a fortune lol:friends:
My car was coated Carpro Cquartz UK, worth it in my opinion

Reactions: Bristle Hound and Scottyg
I would say snow foam, reaper drying towel or similar, iron x, a decent sealant for wheels and bodywork... Cquartz as mentioned. I'd set 150-200ish to one side, should see you stocked up without going rediculous on spend

Assuming you have good protection on the paint a wheels, my main stuff for a maintenance wash are a pressure washer with lance and snow foam (also have citrus pre wash in a pump spayer, but always want the pressure washer for a more thorough rinse and I prefer snow foaming!) two deep 25lt buckets (have grit guards in them but not convinced) a dooka washmitt and for shampoo CarChem 1:1900. It's the bees knees and will last me a lifetime....wash the wheels with a separate bucket, the dooka wheel mitt and a wheel woolly. Do have bilberry diluted, but snow foam will do the trick if they are sealed. For drying I use a quick detailer (dont last long so you can have fun trying different ones out) and I dry with a liquid elements XL silverback MF towel. Do a final wipe round and inspection using edge less super plush MF korean towels.

Hope that helps :) as mentioned. Everyone has their faves

I've got my karcher, snow foam etc. I've got iron X and clay bars etc and all the other stuff to detail and got plenty of experience on that front.

The thing is, I haven't gone for the paint protection on my new car and I don't fancy paying £650 to the local detailer for the Gtechic treatment.

I've got wheel waxes and the top of the range Angelwax but what I'm after is he kind of protection and finish I would get above. Or would the normal prep, wax, sealant, glaze etc be just as good?

Last edited:
Seriously look at the Cquartz UK. It is cheap and extremely good and durable. Puts a silica coating on the car thus helps prevent swirls and minor scratches. Given that your car is coming to you without any protection on it I'd give her a rinse, wash, quick clay bar, Cquartz and top with reload. It really is the simplest and cheapest way to get the type of protection you want on your paintwork.

In which case, don't get it prepped by the dealer. Inspect the paint work after a full wash a decon and hopefully it won't need any correction. Prep the surface with a panel wipe/IPA solution and then get something like Gtechniq, Cquartz or personally I have ECO shield by liquid elements.

Watch the vids on how to apply them and you'll be golden :)

The standard waxes and sealants will do well, but they are not as scratch resistant or durable. Arguably you cant beat the shine of a natural carnauba wax, and a lot of folk enjoy trying different ones out so enjoy having to reapply every few months. Up to you at the end of the day.

Reactions: ScottishA4B9 and Keef
Have you gone for Cquartz finest or UK edition?
I have CQUK on my car but seeing other I would probly go with finest next time around

The finest is trade only. You'd need to get it done professionally. I've got CquartzUK waiting to go on mine wheb I'm fit enough.

As @Scottyg says Finest is usually Pro detailer apply only. Be interested to see what you get CQUK is available to the public. Keep us posted!

More details on Finest on the front page of https://carpro.uk.com/

Reactions: Scottyg
If it is finest, I hope it will not be beyond me as a novice?!! (Well novice when it comes to applying sealents)

If it is finest, I hope it will not be beyond me as a novice?!! (Well novice when it comes to applying sealents)
Dunno, mine was pro applied. I do know it had to spend 24 hours inside in the dry afterwards.

There's a video here:

Doubtless there are more. Time to get Googling I think @ScottishS3 ! :)

Your distracting me from my work.......you know I'm going to start watching all these videos now don't you!!!! Lol

Well my plan is to full prep and prepare the care then apply the stuff in a hangar and wait 24hrs anyway.

Reactions: scotty76
Your distracting me from my work.......you know I'm going to start watching all these videos now don't you!!!! Lol

Well my plan is to full prep and prepare the care then apply the stuff in a hangar and wait 24hrs anyway.
Lol, any old excuse to not do work, enjoy your viewing. Hope the foot is on the mend and enjoy the rugby;) x

Well I'm ready to detail my new car when I get it!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 186
Reactions: Bristle Hound, Keef, Sandra and 1 other person
Looking forward to seeing the results

Reactions: scotty76, ScottishA4B9 and Bristle Hound
Well I have all the stuff ready to detail my new car.

So far I have:

Carpro Cquartz CQUK
Carpro Cquartz DLUX
Carpro Iron X
Angelwax QED
Angelwax Desirable Wax
Meguiars Even Coat Applicator Pads
Meguiars Tire Gel
Meguiars Tire Dressing Applicator
Meguiars Quik Detailer Mist & Wipe
Meguiars Clay Bar
Gtechniq G1 & G2 Clear Vision Smart Glass
Gtechniq I1 Smart Fabric Interior Car Protection
Gtechniq C6 Matte Dash
Auto Finesse Clay Bar
Auto Finesse Ultra Soft Wash Mitt
Martin Cox Edgeless Microfibres Cloths
Martin Cox XL Mega Dry Microfibre Drying Towel
Slim's Detailing Stool
Autoglym Intensive Tar Remover
Autobrite HD Foam Lance
AMDetails Snow Foam
AMDetails Wheel Wax
AMDetails Wheel Brush
AMDetails Detailing Brushes
AMDetails Microfibre Drying Towel
AMDetails Microfibre Cloths
Scratchshield Grit Guards
Karcher K2 Pressure Washer

Granted I won't need to use all of these at the same time for the new car protection.

Bought 1 clay bar and realised I still had a spare! Doh!

Yeah I'm not planning on using the wax or the wheel wax. Already had them from detailing my B8.

I've got 5 friends/colleagues cars to detail before mine arrives.