Best spring & shocks?

8h3tdi

Reaction score
I've got a 3.0 tdi cabriolet, been told ive got a broken rear spring and i know the shocks are not the best anymore.
so what spring and shock kit would people choose? koni blistein h&r etc...

Eibach-Logo-Black-Backgroun.jpg

bilstein_logo_2006_large-1024x483.jpg

@DPM how much is the eibach springs and bilstein shocks combo?

B
I've got a 3.0 tdi cabriolet, been told ive got a broken rear spring and i know the shocks are not the best anymore.
so what spring and shock kit would people choose? koni blistein h&r etc...

Have a Cabriolet too and tried coilovers following a rear off side spring breaking, but took them off after 3 months.
Replaced with Bilstein B12s and Eibach Pro kit springs.
May opt to change springs for 10mm higher soon as is lower than original S-Line set up and a but firm.
Shocks great though and less crashy than orignals.
Would thoroughly recommend.

I think I have spent 12 hours researching this on forums in the last 48 hours. It is really a flip of a coin between eibach and H&R. From what i read it is a matter of opinion which are more comfortable or handle better.
I've ended up getting H&R springs as they are the only company that officially do a spring kit for my car. Because of my front axle loading is the same as the rs4.
Then I thought to my self I might as well change my shocks but surprisingly no one does a kit for it. Every raves about the b8's but couldn't justify
spending 110 per shock. Found Koni str.t which had mixed reviews and pretty much the same price or cheaper than oem depending on where you buy the from. They can only be better than stock?

Has anyone run koni str.t before? what they like?

I'll post some pics before and after only expecting 10mm drop as its on sline atm.

B

Have a Cabriolet too and tried coilovers following a rear off side spring breaking, but took them off after 3 months.
Replaced with Bilstein B12s and Eibach Pro kit springs.
May opt to change springs for 10mm higher soon as is lower than original S-Line set up and a but firm.
Shocks great though and less crashy than orignals.
Would thoroughly recommend.

quite amusing that yours broke too! was yours the osr?

Reactions: Nagasaki
I had Koni sports on a previous car (Alfa 156 GTA), they were set up by Gus at Alfatune - he race preps many many cars. I will say now when my shocks/springs go I will be happy to go fit these and have him set the rebound.

But I am aware that on VAG cars the Eibach/Bilstein combo is very very very good.

Have you fitted these springs yet?

Keen to hear results buddy

B8 and eibach pro on mine, very good indeed, handling is so good with these. However, beware they take a lot of running in to settle down. First month will have you thinking you made the biggest mistake of your life whilst they slowly damage all the vertebrae in your spine! Then either you get used to them or they settle in.

Have you fitted these springs yet?

Keen to hear results buddy

well was planning to fit them this weekend but, the dampeners still haven't arrived front are due to arrive today or tomorrow the rears however apparently koni has not sent them to the supplier yet and there is a week long national holiday apparently.

So plan is to change the front this weekend and rears next if the turn up by then - might go on a hunt and see if i can get them sooner.