New car for the Mrs. Suggestions?

Oranoco

Reaction score
Website
www.passionford.com
Finally time to get shot of the ****** Peugeot and start looking for its replacement. Have a budget of 11k, must be Green (£20 VED max), 5 doors and not be completely gutless, sub 20k miles, 2 years old at oldest. The Audi 1.6 Tdi was the choice but can't get one without shoving the budget further than she wants to.

Current shortlist; VW Polo 1.2 TFSi, Ford Fiesta Eco-Boost and Renault Clio 1.5DCi (which I'm trying to steer her away from). Any other suggestions of cars to look at?

End of the days long as she's happy I don't care if she comes home with a Prius.... Well OK that's just silly but you get what I mean

The Fiesta is a fine car and very economical. Should suit her indoors a treat.

The Eco-Boost engine isn't as frugal as you may think. Next door neighbour had one and got shot if it pretty quickly. He's a young guy and doesn't have the softest right foot but 22 mpg round town!!

Fiesta gets rave reviews. Build quality will leave something to be desired though.
Polo will be pricey as will an A1 but they are both great cars. Also consider the Skoda Fabia.

My missus just got an A1 1.6 TDi, chopped in her Pug (07 207 HDi), A1 is a 13 plate with 40k on the clock.
I couldn't find one cheaper anywhere in the UK.
Lot of car for the money.