2007 s3 underpowered

s5joe

Reaction score
I have just been left by a corsa so my s3 is well underpowered the mods i have done is full exhaust sytem cell100 cat gfb dv+ and just been serviced with cam lobe i have scanned the car with no faults found can anyone help???

Power/weight.

If the corsa was a mapped VXR that would explain it easily.

The S3 is quite heavy at 1500kgs and 260bhp is "only" 180bhp/tonne

Power/weight.

If the corsa was a mapped VXR that would explain it easily.

The S3 is quite heavy at 1500kgs and 260bhp is "only" 180bhp/tonne
no it was a standard bit of **** to be honest

no it was a standard bit of **** to be honest

Well...if it outran you.....

Seriously though,I think you commented on the S3 seeming slow before.....get it remapped then you can enjoy it.

Reactions: Ollie2014
Don't be fooled by these corsa's, especially the corsa c's! there's a few driving round with GSI/VXR engines dropped in. With 240+ bhp and weighing not a lot more than a ton, would **** all over most things on the road

How do you know it was a standard bit of ****?
Well...if it outran you.....

Seriously though,I think you commented on the S3 seeming slow before.....get it remapped then you can enjoy it.
Don't be fooled by these corsa's, especially the corsa c's! there's a few driving round with GSI/VXR engines dropped in. With 240+ bhp and weighing not a lot more than a ton, would **** all over most things on the road
it was defo standard as it was brand new with tiny brakes on it i am getting it mapped in a few weeks but not too happy with it at the moment as i should not have to pay for a map before i can get away from one of them

I liked driving these around a track as they were like gokarts along with the Astra VXR's,they are light

Could have been the 1.8 tricked out with intake gas flowed and decat exhaust or a very good sleeper.
Or we can put it down to driver ability??? :box:

Reactions: voorhees
Rick will be doing my map on mine.
Rick will do a health check on your car before he starts the remap so if a VXR is getting the best of you there may be a fault somewhere.
Or maybe the VXR had been mapped.

Rick will do a health check on your car before he starts the remap so if a VXR is getting the best of you there may be a fault somewhere.
Or maybe the VXR had been mapped.
It was not a vxr just a bit of **** mate. I have had my old gti done by him.

All of the above.

If your car is unmapped don't be surprised if another "lesser" car turns up and out drags it.

After all that's what a lot of us enjoy doing to the AMGs and M class BMWs.

Reactions: S., Smirky and Ollie2014
It was not a vxr just a bit of **** mate. I have had my old gti done by him.
I do apologise Joe,so like someone else quoted it must have some mods done to it.

All of the above.

If your car is unmapped don't be surprised if another "lesser" car turns up and out drags it.

After all that's what a lot of us enjoy doing to the AMGs and M class BMWs.
Totally agree there that's my plan already annoyed a tts and an s5

Reactions: S3Alex and S.
cant be that much of a piece of s*** if its passing your audi,260 bhp in a heavy car really isnt much these days so dont be surprised when many other pieces of s*** pass by

A corsa shouldn't touch you, Vxr or not, I went from a stage 2 Astra Vxr and hand down my Audi is quick, and it's still standard! Although custom map Friday can't wait!!!

S3 1450kg @ 265 bhp = 0.082 vs VXR 1166kg @ 222 bhp =0.086 pound of torque per hp.

Reactions: S3Alex
go get it rolling roaded and find out.

I will do and see. Some days it feels fast and others it's not.

The S3 8P standard isn't slow by any means, but it certainly isn't as quick as I'd have liked it to be, however the AWD is what it's about and in any race that involves corners it will out do the majority of other cars, especially FWD and even more so in the wet.

I've since had a stage 1 Revo remap and a Revo CAI and the S3 is a lot more torquey now which you'll notice, it's what it should've come as, as standard to be honest. I see you're getting a custom map from Rick, so you'll definitely be happy with the results after I assure you.

The S3 8P standard isn't slow by any means, but it certainly isn't as quick as I'd have liked it to be, however the AWD is what it's about and in any race that involves corners it will out do the majority of other cars, especially FWD and even more so in the wet.

I've since had a stage 1 Revo remap and a Revo CAI and the S3 is a lot more torquey now which you'll notice, it's what it should've come as, as standard to be honest. I see you're getting a custom map from Rick, so you'll definitely be happy with the results after I assure you.
Yer Rick will be mapping the car as i don't want a Revo and would not give Awesome my money as his attitude stinks. I just need to get a few things sorted on my car before it goes to get some money spent on it. I am thinking of a cai but hate the noise of the induction when changing gear as i don't like the attention the mate sound like a old fart but thats just me

Yer Rick will be mapping the car as i don't want a Revo and would not give Awesome my money as his attitude stinks. I just need to get a few things sorted on my car before it goes to get some money spent on it. I am thinking of a cai but hate the noise of the induction when changing gear as i don't like the attention the mate sound like a old fart but thats just me

Not all intakes make a lot of noise,and much of the squeaking and snorting from them is down to the turbo being worked hard with a remap.

I found the induction noise on mine was virtually gone with a bigger turbo,worked well within it's limits.
As I said above,the S3 is quite a heavy car,and from stock has to be revved fairly hard to maintain boost and acceleration but a remap does transform it,and even a Stg1 remap makes a lot of difference to the way you can drive the car.

Reactions: s5joe and SimonSystems
Not all intakes make a lot of noise,and much of the squeaking and snorting from them is down to the turbo being worked hard with a remap.

I found the induction noise on mine was virtually gone with a bigger turbo,worked well within it's limits.
As I said above,the S3 is quite a heavy car,and from stock has to be revved fairly hard to maintain boost and acceleration but a remap does transform it,and even a Stg1 remap makes a lot of difference to the way you can drive the car.
Ok thanks for that Alex

Bit of a update I found a private road and took it to the red line in 3rd and 4th and once it goes over 4K it starts to pull back and go again and than once I stopped at the junction it was jerky when taking off as it was going into boost.

Needs plugging into vagcom to see what's going on. Will tell you straight away what's up with it, get it logged as it's obviously not healthy.

Okay after chatting to a mate of mine about this post yesterday, he told me that the vauxhall calibre 2.0t drops straight in to a corsa without any engine bay alterations.
Specs 0-60 6.2sec top speed 152mph 201bhp standard without remap. 240bhp with a superchips stage 1 and thats in a car that weighs 1405kg, the corsa weighs 960kg. Now thats a super sleeper and they are popular in Essex.

Requested and actual boost would be a start, will tell you if there's any boost leaks. Sounds like a boost/vac leak to me as you said the revs were jerky.