Is it worth the hassle?

ayfreetee

Reaction score
I have a de-cat pipe that came with my car but not fitted, the previous owner removed it because it threw up the eml, the downpipe is standard, but it has a heat wrapped stainless tubular manifold ( don't know the origin), would it be worth fiting it with a lambda extension elbow, or are the gains too minimal to bother with, thanks.

Mmm, might be worth a punt then, don't know if it helps that it's on stage one revo map.

Mmm, might be worth a punt then, don't know if it helps that it's on stage one revo map.
Mine was running a prehistoric AmD map, my APY narrow band made 275 with just a decat and Badger5 3" TIP with Jetex cone filter. I had just serviced it mind, fresh plugs and oil.

Yeah I just bought an sfs 3" tip that I will be fitting, did a service a few weeks ago too, so hoping for some improvement.

Reactions: Mav190sline
I put a Decat on my standard down pipe. My car is also revo stage 1. It was noticeably louder and that was it really. Didn't notice improved throttle response or power.

As I thought, getting conflicting advice, not sure whether to fit it, or not bother now, decisions decisions.

Less restriction, more power. You will get better flow, turbo spool etc with a 3" downpipe, but the decat will help for sure!

The standard cats are a golf ball through a garden hose type situation

Yeah, I think your right, I'll stick it on when I get a lambda extension elbow. Cheers chaps