2010 tdi 170 Quattro judder on cold start

Oldredeyes1

Reaction score
im hoping someone can help, my A3 has developed a slight judder for a couple of minutes on a cold start. The car starts no problem and ticks over with no issues however for the first couple of minutes it's judders under acceleration as if it's in the wrong gear then it's gone. There are no fault codes showing on VCDS and economy or performance are not effected, Iv had the glow plugs replaced but this hasn't cured the issue. I hope one of the gurus on this site can help me out, Iv done the usual search but can't find anyone with the same issues, cheers in advance

I had a similar problem with my audi a4 b7 2L tdi. The judder also happend when the vehicle was stationery. In the end it was the engine mounts which needed replaced. Not sure if this is the same case as the engine is mounted long ways on the a4 when as the engine on the a3 is mounted side ways. Hope this helps you on the way to diagnosing the fault

Cheers for the reply, one or 2 on another forum are suggesting it could be the fuel pump. Has anyone had any experience of the fuel pump failing? Does this sound like my problem? Cheers