Colour Change C@ck-up. What should I do?

APL 3.0TDi

Reaction score
Hi all.

A little advice needed please.

I requested the colour of my S3 order to be changed around six weeks ago.

About one week ago, my sales man called and said they have not made the colour change in time, and the car has gone into production....

He then said that I had a couple of options.

1. Keep the car in the original colour.
2. Cancel the order and order a new car. The new car would be the face lift, and they would give me the same discount as they did on the original order.

Given the face lift is £1,100 more expensive, it will most likely cost me more per month.

My current order is for a White SB with privacy glass and park assist.

It is £350pcm with a £1,000 deposit over 48 months.

Any comments or advice is appreciated.

Thanks

Antony.

You could ask for the same discount in percentage terms, then it may work out the same monthly payment.
If there is no additional cost to yourself then I would re-order the face lift in the spec you wanted IMO. :yes:

Cancel and take the facelift mate. I dare say you'd end up being £1,000 better off in residual value when you come to sell compared to a pre-facelift.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What colour were you changing to?

I will have to see if the rv is 1000 more. If so it might not be more expensive....

Original order was white with black leather. I wanted to change to black with black alcantara....

I will have to see if the rv is 1000 more. If so it might not be more expensive....

Original order was white with black leather. I wanted to change to black with black alcantara....

Keep the white Black's a bitch to look after! lol

Reactions: ruairi83, MattSedg, pburv and 4 others
If I wanted a black car not sure I would settle for a white one.
Having said that you must also like white, why not try pushing for a better deal, if the facelift is imminent the dealer won't necessarily want to be left with an end of line model.

Reactions: Simon L and SW14NY'S
I'd stick with the current order personally unless I was committed to really looking after the black paintwork. Black is gorgeous, especially in the right light, but you need to be a car cleaning nut to keep it at its best. White, in contrast, can tolerate being slapped through the car wash. It's a very personal choice this one.

If you want a pfl model in black though you might want to call some dealers and see what they have as showroom stock. I'll bet you have option 3 too which is cancel the order and walk away.

Reactions: Simon L and SW14NY'S
I have a very similar problem, except mine was with the interior. I ordered Lunar Silver, they ordered black.

Again, to late to do anything about it. I found the error going through the order tracking data, but by that point it was in status 20, the order books were closed, and despite the car now being in the UK, it's no longer my car since the dealer has reallocated it. I have to start at square one and order a facelift version.

With the latest rumours that S3 orders won't even open til the end of June, I'm looking more and more at @Satory 's option 3, binning the whole enterprise entirely and buying an M235i instead.

Reactions: SW14NY'S

Keep to white, I have black and it looks awesome when clean...but I'll be getting white next time as it's easy to look after ;) I did think about Daytona, but it's not much of a difference!!!

Think I'm the only person I've shown out of friends and family that likes the S3 in this:

Yel

Reactions: Dazzeroo, pburv, glospete and 1 other person
Thanks for the responses.

Does anyone know what the no cost paint colours will be on the facelift?

Keep to white, I have black and it looks awesome when clean...but I'll be getting white next time as it's easy to look after ;) I did think about Daytona, but it's not much of a difference!!!

Think I'm the only person I've shown out of friends and family that likes the S3 in this:

View attachment 89900
Well said! My 8P was brilliant black, ended up being a headache as being a solid colour there was hardly any way to keep it swirl-free. When it was spot on it looked phenomenal but more often than not I felt embarrassed!
As for Vegas yellow, whilst I'm unlikely to be allowed it, you've got a +1 from me. All fast Audis should have a yellow option!

Reactions: Dazzeroo, pburv and Simon L
The benefits of a white car are many, but its not about those benefits, a car is an expensive purchase and you need what you really want.

If you can change your mind and love the white, without thinking " I could have had one of those " every time you see a black one then take what you've ordered.

How ever when attempting to change the configuration you should have been informed within a couple or three days if the change was possible.
It does sound as though the dealer forgot to make the change. Or you would have known six weeks ago. So you may have a case for some form of compensation. Ask to see the details showing the date they tried to make the change and Audi's response.

You could always do what your sig is "Andrew Leaves".

Reactions: pburv
If I may... The key words here are "Price protected"

With the latest rumours that S3 orders won't even open til the end of June, I'm looking more and more at @Satory 's option 3, binning the whole enterprise entirely and buying an M235i instead.

But then you'd have to drive whilst staring at this mess. Wonder if it has an 8 track?

Reactions: Simon L
Hmmm. You make a very compelling point @Satory, it's almost like the dashboard design department has been on holiday since they turned out the 8 series coupe.

Reactions: Simon L