iPhone cable

Andykb675

A6 Avant Black Edition S-Tronic
Reaction score
For those of us who don't have the 'proper' sat Nav option in their car, can anyone tell me if there's any advantage in connecting their iPhone via the cable rather than via Bluetooth?

I know it's only £40 for the cable so I just wondering if it gives me anymore other than just charging.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It gives you better control of the iPhone for music than via Bluetooth. If you bought the car new (or secondhand from an Audi dealer) yopu should have got a pair of cables (one USB and one for an iPhone of your choice) with the car

Interesting they only sent us away with the USB one ....nothing for the iPhone :(

Interesting they only sent us away with the USB one ....nothing for the iPhone :(

Same with mine, they swapped it out in the end but it took a few calls - supplying dealer not really interested.

Ill keep that in my back pocket just in case my Chinese eBay gamble doesn't payoff
Non-AUdi ones often do not include the analogue/digital audio chip that is required to make them work properly so do little more than charge the phone

Reactions: Andykb675
Ok thanks for the tip im onto Audi UK just to clarify if the supply is expected for used cars.

Audi UK have confirmed we should have got both cables so I've emailed the dealer and they have popped one in the post... Can't say fairer than that

Reactions: Ad72 and Rhyso
interesting mine only came with an iphone cable... I had to wait a week for them to order in an android one for me

didn't even know there was a USB version so I'll be asking about that