Can anyone recommend a machine polisher in teesside area please?

Audi-partner

Reaction score
I know there are a few member here from teesside area. Any recommendations?

TIA

You after a machine polish? Or a full detail?

Sent from my Note 4 using tapatalk

You after a machine polish? Or a full detail?

Preferably just a machine polish, as I'm selling the car and need to keep costs down.

Would think most bodyshops or valeters would be your best best. Iirc a valeter I used ages ago mentioned about £45 for machine polish.

Would think most bodyshops or valeters would be your best best. Iirc a valeter I used ages ago mentioned about £45 for machine polish.

Do you remember who that was with by any chance?

I can't find a body shop that will do it for less than £150

Do you remember who that was with by any chance?

I can't find a body shop that will do it for less than £150
Ouch. When I had a bmw (It's OK I've got an audi now) I'm sure Cooper teeside bmw dealership bodyshop did a full machine polish for not as much as that.

Have you phoned a few mobile valeters? Sorry but can't remember who it was.

Reactions: Audi-partner
My car came from an Audi dealership with swirl marks on the bonnet, they are still there 2 years later. I am near Teesside so will be interested in your feedback when you find someone.

Tried a few more places tonight, cheapest I'm getting is still £150 and includes a full valet.

I don't suppose that's a bad price, but don't really need a full valet as I can clean the car to a fairly high standard myself.

All seem reluctant to just do a machine polish :rage:

Tried a few more places tonight, cheapest I'm getting is still £150 and includes a full valet.

I don't suppose that's a bad price, but don't really need a full valet as I can clean the car to a fairly high standard myself.

All seem reluctant to just do a machine polish :rage:
**** mate not good.

Be hard to find just a machine polish as people generally want to do the job properly.

Ideally, to machine polish you need to wash the car, decontaminate it to remove any tar or other fall out from the paintwork, clay the car to get the paint cleansed and clean and then can look at machine polishing it.

Its simply not a case of run around the car with a polisher after you washed it. Something as large as a A4 you could spend 3-4 hours prepping the car before its ready to polish.

I'll be doing mine soon, and plan to spend the whole day tomorrow prepping the car and going round all the minor details, then can get the car inside and polished with the polisher to remove the swirls.

There are a number of good glazes you can get that will mask some of the swirls, but thats only temporary. But if your selling the motor, something like that might be ideal for you.

Personally id pick up a clay bar kit off ebay for £12 (bilt-hammer or something else off a cleaning site) and go over the car with that. Then get a good hand polish and glaze on top followed by a wax to seal your work in. What it masks depends how bad your swirls are in the paint.

Be hard to find just a machine polish as people generally want to do the job properly.

Ideally, to machine polish you need to wash the car, decontaminate it to remove any tar or other fall out from the paintwork, clay the car to get the paint cleansed and clean and then can look at machine polishing it.

Its simply not a case of run around the car with a polisher after you washed it. Something as large as a A4 you could spend 3-4 hours prepping the car before its ready to polish.

I'll be doing mine soon, and plan to spend the whole day tomorrow prepping the car and going round all the minor details, then can get the car inside and polished with the polisher to remove the swirls.

There are a number of good glazes you can get that will mask some of the swirls, but thats only temporary. But if your selling the motor, something like that might be ideal for you.

Personally id pick up a clay bar kit off ebay for £12 (bilt-hammer or something else off a cleaning site) and go over the car with that. Then get a good hand polish and glaze on top followed by a wax to seal your work in. What it masks depends how bad your swirls are in the paint.

Ah right, tbh mate I had no idea it'd be that involved as I've never had one done before.

Probably explains it really, cheers!

If you are selling it and do clay it, I'd get a clay mitt really easy to use and then depending on what colour it is get some colored polish it'll hide light marks.

I decent detailer will charge around £400 for an A4 sized car. As mentioned above, it's all in the prep.

Or buy yourself a DAS 6 Pro machine and do it yourself. I see Slim's have got some good deals on them!