My new RS3

D

Deek81

Hello Everybody,

My first post on here :)

In 2012 I had a liver transplant and my prospective in life changed massively and I wanted to enjoy myself as life is way too short!
After I finished all my treatment July 2015 last year, I decided to treat myself to a new car. I decided that I wasn't going to rush my purchase so I did all the usual test drives RS3, A45, M135i, Golf R, S3.... In the end I decided on the RS3 for the sound and overall feel put it ahead of the others.

So then on the 2nd Jan I placed my order for a Mythos Black RS3, managed to secure a 5% discount and after the long wait, here she is - I've actually had the car for 7 days but been enjoying it way too much to find time post anything on the forum :)

D.K

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    173.2 KB · Views: 489
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    966.7 KB · Views: 463
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 469
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    444.5 KB · Views: 480
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 470
Reactions: nikolai briton, jimojameso, Kelza and 10 others
Well done to you, sounds like you've had a tough time of it and this is well deserved.

Enjoy it, the car looks superb.. Can't wait to see more once you can prise your hands off of it ;-)

Reactions: 45bvtc and Deek81
Thanks pal! Loving every minute behind the wheel. :)

Reactions: AudiNutta and D0C
Nice car - enjoy! You deserve something good after what you've been through.

As another marquee says "One Life - Live It".

Reactions: Deek81, Spaceman_RS3 and 45bvtc
Good on you pal. Pleased to hear you're health's in good order, enjoy it, fantastic looking car.

Reactions: Deek81
Stunning car!! Well deserved... and what a 1st post btw! You just won the forum! ;-)

Reactions: AudiNutta, Deek81 and Scottyg
Great story & great car mate.

Looks amazing in black :sunglasses:

Lovely man, RS3 is just menacing looking!!

Glad to see you well!

Any plans or you keeping it OE??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great that you are healthy again and loving life. Can't be more happy than behind the wheel of an RS3.
Good luck keep the ****** clean. You'll be into detailing and be skint before you know it.

Thanks guys! Glad all my treatment is finished and loving life right now!

@Tyrer yes I'm keeping it OEM.

I'm going to get it detailed once every quarter. Any suggestions in getting it cleaned in the meantime?
I'm temped to take it to the cleaners around the corner from me just to snow foam and pressure wash and I will do the rest or is that not a good idea?

Reactions: Radman
Best thing you can do is go get it professionally detailed with a ceramic based product. Gtechniq is a preferred choice on here. About 400-600 quid. This will put a coating over your paintwork preventing swirling on a normal wash routine. If you get it done, afterwards it's s simple wash and wipe down with a QD product like CarPro Reload or the Gyeon products that @jassyo06 uses.

Brilliant story and gorgeous car. I have only had mine 3 days and it definitely puts a smile on your face. You deserve it pal.
With regards to cleaning it, invest in a pressure washer and snow foam. Foam works best when left for twenty mins or so and garages don't leave it on long enough until they rinse it. Autobrite direct lance and foam about 50 quid at the moment. I tried it yesterday for first time and makes a hell of a difference. Also, you don't know what concentration/formula foam these places are using. Also invest in a two bucket method with a lambs wool mitt and drying towel. My Sepang is a bit awkward to keep clean but the above made it a breeze.

Reactions: Rob D
Nice!

Looks like the same dealer patters picked his up from though :-(

Thats a gorgeous car and I dont normally like black however , go to
www.detailingworld.co.uk
for lots of advice and lots of reading , its a scary place but in a nice way and will cost a lot but worth every penny .
Good Luck .

@Deek81 Sepang is probably in the same category for keeping clean as the blacks. But you'll be amazed how easy it is to keep clean fun you get the right routine. This only took us 2 hrs start to finish with the routine I posted above. Best piece of advice is not to apply any pressure when washing it by hand after the snow foam and rinse stage. Just sideways movement one way only and no circling. Same with drying with a towel, don't press on to dry just run the towel over the body work in the same motion as above. The end result is worth the effort.

Reactions: Deek81 and Scottyg
Hello Everybody,

My first post on here :)

In 2012 I had a liver transplant and my prospective in life changed massively and I wanted to enjoy myself as life is way too short!
After I finished all my treatment July 2015 last year, I decided to treat myself to a new car. I decided that I wasn't going to rush my purchase so I did all the usual test drives RS3, A45, M135i, Golf R, S3.... In the end I decided on the RS3 for the sound and overall feel put it ahead of the others.

So then on the 2nd Jan I placed my order for a Mythos Black RS3, managed to secure a 5% discount and after the long wait, here she is - I've actually had the car for 7 days but been enjoying it way too much to find time post anything on the forum :)

D.K

Great outlook on life and I fully agree in what you say, life is too short and let's live it to the max!!
Great looking car which looks mean in black-enjoy your new toy!

Reactions: Deek81 and Radman
@Radman Wow... looks amazing in Sepang. Thanks for the advice! I will for sure look for a pressure washer and the foam etc.

I'm 600 miles into my running in period not long left. Long way home from work this evening I think!

Reactions: Radman