Headlight Restoration

GrizzlyDan

Reaction score
I must admit I was nervous about starting this but I had to give it a shot rather than try and find a new set of xenon headlights.

My headlights were flaky. Yellow and looking in a sad state

I used the autoglym headlight kit as I liked the idea of using the drill to aid the process. Step by step and going through the different grades of paper and finishing up with the polishing pad I manged to get my headlights back to a much nicer look.
fc95f4f53a2d06c3f6ad0fe6a71c8b34.jpg

5e5ba8998a3cff260f2297bf3c9a4f80.jpg

To finish like this

8f494323409f02340bedaca7549e4a3a.jpg

2e8daf369740a685068a851141ebe01e.jpg

Still slight round the edges where I wasn't brave enough to get so close to the paint. But I'd definitely re do them aging now i have seen the results

Sent from my SM-G901F using Tapatalk

Reactions: mcwharam and CHEZ
Looks good, saw a C6 A6 the other day and the headlight were just about opaque, not sure how it passed it's MOT. I fitted new facelift headlights last year and have used this on them. http://www.3mventureshield.co.uk/paint-protection-film/ You can get it from ebay from around £30 far quicker to apply & remove that doing the headlight polishing (did my rear lights) with a similar kit to the autoglym, which gave good result, but like yourself I was concerned about burning the paint work so I remove the lights.

Top tip there. Cheers. Il definitely look into that

The result look good, but for perfect finish, you should remove the lights. After you polish you should apply a specific varnish.

Enviado desde mi SM-G850F mediante Tapatalk

I agree about the light removal. I imagine it's a bumper off job though is it