Xenon for Audi A3 facelift 2009

Orestis

Reaction score
Hi,

I have searched the internet and found that it needs special ballasts and bubls in order not to blow up wipe motor.

I have found that many have used the Welldone A38P HID kit with MINI H1 Projectors.

I have found the MINI H1 Projectors with Iris Shrouds from retrofitlab. (Welldone havent got availability of these shrouds). A guy from retrofitlab informed me that they also have special ballast and calbes for Audi A3 with does not cause any issues.

Also, the guy from retrofitlab send to me this picture:
XeVMNt.jpg

It seems that the best color temperature for light output and in order to be silular with the H16 LED must be 5500k, right ? Welldone informed me that they give only 6000k lamp for their ballasts..

So, what do you think is best, Welldone A38P HID kit or retrofitlab kit ?

Edit: Please move my Post here, by mistake i select wrong sub forum.

What I think is best? Genuine headlights, none of this aftermarket guff.

Reactions: Orestis
Of course you are right, your opinion is respectable. The best solution is the factory xenon, i agree with you.

But because of the cost, i am lookign for alternatives. These alternatives have almost the half cost of the factory full headligh units.

Thanks why i have searched and found these two solutions.

Buy cheap buy twice is the saying.

A few of my friends were considering this but I convinced them to save up for the OEM lights as they will last longer and the daytime running lights literally make the car in my opinion .

If you check Ebay you can get some great deals and they are pretty straight forward to install with a bit of coding .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Orestis
A few of my friends were considering this but I convinced them to save up for the OEM lights as they will last longer and the daytime running lights literally make the car in my opinion .

If you check Ebay you can get some great deals and they are pretty straight forward to install with a bit of coding .

Are there any dears about 250-300$ for both headligh units at good condition ?

I will search again at ebay..

Edit: searched on ebay, prices for full headlight united about about double of the solutions i wrote at the first post.

Last edited:
At forums there are some group orders for WelldoneHID.

Might we can get any feedback ?