BBK behind standard 18" rotor

Moxy89

Reaction score
is there a kit out there that fits behind the 18" rotor wheel that doesn't need huge amount of spacing? I have a set of Alcons however love the standard look and was wondering if there was something slightly more oem that I could fit and not change the wheels,

Cheers

I'm in the same boat as you, I don't want to change my rotors and looking for a BBK too, I've seen someone fit rs3 brembo callipers with brackets to take merc ml 350mm discs without spacers.

Only other thing I'm thinking is swapping my 18" rotors for 19" rs3 ones.

Awesome gti now do a kit that uses 345mm standard s3 discs and uses the ttrs callipers, however still unsure if they need silly spacers , I am even just taking rotors off and fitting Alcons but currently love the way it looks

Yeah that's the vag-brem kit, aks tuning sells it too, I spoke to Alex there and he said I'd still probably need spacers as the rotors don't give much clearance. I certainly don't want to swap my rotors for any other wheels. I'd like to be a set of alcons too, you could sell them buy some 19" rotors and rs3 brembos for the price of the alcons.

Don't want to run 19's, 18inch rotors just look so much nicer on the s3

Check out the creation motorsport brackets for the ttrs/rs3 calipers using merc discs.

Does this allow to use standard 18inch ?

Yep you can use 18" rotors still, there's a guy on here who's done it, I'll try and find a pic.

That would be epic mate,

If not can anyone tell me if 18x8 speedline turini will clear calipers without spacers

Here's the guy that put them on, hopefully he'll comment about it.

With that kit it seems that you need to use center rings with discs so in my opinion i would rather have spacers which i have for winter setup. Summer is on oz ultraleggera without spacers.

Speedline turini should be fine though without spacers ?

I don't know. If you know anyone with those wheels, ask them to trial fit them over the brakes.

Don't know anyone!! This bbk is a nightmare haha

The thing is different companies are telling me different things, baffles me

Here's the guy that put them on, hopefully he'll comment about it.
That's me :)

Perfect fit! I'm actually trying to sell the setup in place of a 362mm 2-piece custom setup I am making. Nothing wrong with it at all, just love the look of 2-piece discs!

That's me :)

Perfect fit! I'm actually trying to sell the setup in place of a 362mm 2-piece custom setup I am making. Nothing wrong with it at all, just love the look of 2-piece discs!

View attachment 90968

Were you at GTI Spring Fest @ Santa Pod this year? There can't be too many pre facelift black S3's with Rotors and orange TTRS\RS3 calipers!

Were you at GTI Spring Fest @ Santa Pod this year? There can't be too many pre facelift black S3's with Rotors and orange TTRS\RS3 calipers!
I was indeed, on the VagTuning.net stand :) I have since painted the rear calipers orange too so they match...it was bugging me!

Do you know if your rotors are genuine or reps? And pm price on brake setup bud

They are replicas. Will PM you now.

Last edited: