Start/Stop Question (S-Tronic)

Thanks for that. I'm not sure if it's just a lottery as to how it they work, or whether in fact they've been set up different, who knows!

this morning I had the auto hold thing on (still playing with new things :) ) and I noticed that with that on it seems to wait until you have come to a complete stop before 'auto-stopping' ... unscientific as wasn't really watching it, just noticed it towards the end of my morning drive

this morning I had the auto hold thing on (still playing with new things :) ) and I noticed that with that on it seems to wait until you have come to a complete stop before 'auto-stopping' ... unscientific as wasn't really watching it, just noticed it towards the end of my morning drive
Are you saying that with hold assist active it takes longer for the start/stop to kick in. I think that is correct.
With hold assist there is a definite gap between brake activating (the instant the car is stationary) and s/s activating (maybe as much as a second later)
In fact I can fairly easily come to a halt and immediately release the footbrake and the brake will be active but the engine running. Then apply the footbrake again for a second or two and the engine will stop.
With hold assist off it's pretty difficult to come to a stop without activating the start/stop.

Reactions: Pook