MMI Delay

WelshWoody83

Reaction score
Does anybody else`s MMI seem to have a big delay when first getting into the car?
I can get in , drive off and for the first 2-3 minutes cant skip a track or change radio stations as it says it is initialising? Just seems a hell of a lot slower than my A3 8P ever was?
Also the dialing of a number seems to be very slow and long winded, "Call Jon" 20 seconds later, "Do you want to dial the number?", "Yes", 20 seconds later, "The number is being dialed".
I ran a VCDS scan and everything seems ok, it just seems a long time actually getting to call the number? It may be me being impatient it just seems very slow for a newer car compared to my last generation model 8P.

Do an MMI reset. Local guy had same issue and a reset fixed it.

Edit - make sure SD cards and any connected devices are disconnected and try it. I had a bad SD card that caused a delay

Reactions: Simon L, Jassyo06, WelshWoody83 and 4 others
From my link for the 3G+

Audi MMI force restart procedure – 3G+

Locate button:
big control knob
upper-right soft button
TONE button
Press and hold those button at the same time.
After two seconds release buttons. Audi MMI screen will go black for few seconds and system will reboot.
If your car does not have TONE button, use MENU button instead.

Reactions: Rob2k68 and pburv
Thanks for you quick response guys, I really appreciate it, I`ll give it a go in my lunch break.

Reactions: pburv
I find myself suffering the same problem but it only seems to happen when my iPhone is plugged in via cable. If the missus' iPod is in, it seems to work fine.

Bang and Olufsen distortion / crackling anyone?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
Only experienced a crackle once, it sorted itself out but came at a time I was showing my mate the sound-system after bigging it up :D

There have been a few threads on here about causes/remedies.. apologies don't have the links to hand

Reactions: slicko4211
Two weeks in with B&O and no distortion or crackling so far.

Back to the thread topic.
It seems to vary for me. I nearly always have the MMI set to FM radio - more or less never switch it off.
When I start up the car, sometimes the radio plays straight away, sometimes come up with "Initialising", and can then take quite a time (maybe a minute) to start.
Another really strange issue is this. Radio is off. Start the car and reverse out of the garage. Reversing camera displays. Then drive out of the drive, but while the reversing camera is displaying, turn on radio. It plays for a split second, then switches to AM! Have to manually change the band to get it going - it doesn't switch back to FM when the rear camera goes off.
Weird :shrug:

Haven't had that issue richard ?

Actually, the only time mine does the delay (apart from a faulty SD card I sorted) is when the MMI cable connected to my ipod has dislodged (wifes fault stuffing things under the armrest tray)

Reactions: pburv
I did the reset yesterday and although its not as fast as the 8P it is a hell of a lot better than it was before the reset, thanks all for the info, great help yet again....

Reactions: WarwickL and pburv
I think it starts booting up/initialising when you unlock, or open the door, or something. So with my normal routine it's always pretty much ready to go by the time I'm in and start the engine. (Nav takes a bit longer to initialise).

But if I've been loading the car, or it's been unlocked for ages, or whatever then it can have shut down again. Then I have to wait a while after starting the engine before it finishes initialising.

Depends what you mean by overall. If you mean since new then not sure you can. There are two memories. One you can zero manually (so if left alone this can be long term) and one resets for every journey (resets if stopped for a cerain length of time, can't remember how long)
It's all in the users manual.

Reactions: pburv and slicko4211